Classic Chevy keys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OH check clothing pockets and of course the trash cans if you have not checked those.

Found my friends wife's wedding ring in the trash she wiped it up after cleaning dishes.
I found my wife's keys in the trash once.

Ha! Just got through checking the trash bags, NASTY with the dog and cat food cans!
Took the door lock out and couldn't see a code anywhere, the ignition is in the column so if it comes to it I'll be pulling the wheel, having flashbacks from about 40 plus years ago.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ha! Just got through checking the trash bags, NASTY with the dog and cat food cans!
Took the door lock out and couldn't see a code anywhere, the ignition is in the column so if it comes to it I'll be pulling the wheel, having flashbacks from about 40 plus years ago.
They should be able to make you a key using the door lock if it uses the ignition key.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, that'll get the doors and trunk but will still need the ignition.
I was thinking a Chevy truck with just the one key.

Sometimes in those older vehicles there would be punch outs from the keys that had the codes and were kept in the glove box.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I you can find an older locksmith they can get the key codes from the vin # in tulsa Bradly’s can look a lot of them up him and his wife are very good at it!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should be able to make you a key using the door lock if it uses the ignition key.

The old Chevys used separate keys for the ignition and the doors. Clear up to 1995 on some models.

20230501_115720.jpg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 72 Chevy truck at the house and I'm pretty sure the ignition and door are the same key.

I had to google that. I learned a thing today...

'67-'72 GM trucks came from the factory with the ignition and doors keyed the same. GM went to the two key system for trucks in 1973.

Latest posts

Top Bottom