Cleet!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peppersac

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I can't go through Cleet training by myself?

Reason I ask is I just got out of the Navy and still havent got a job. There are a few security companies that would hire me quick if I was Cleet certified. It would be a paycheck until I got something better.

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I can't go through Cleet training by myself?

Reason I ask is I just got out of the Navy and still havent got a job. There are a few security companies that would hire me quick if I was Cleet certified. It would be a paycheck until I got something better.

2 different kind of CLEET licenses. There is one for LEO and another one (actually 4 different phases, I believe) for security/ private investigator.
You should be able to take the security CLEET without being employed anywhere but wont receive the license itself until you are actually employed with a licensed security agency.

Good luck!

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 different kind of CLEET licenses. There is one for LEO and another one (actually 4 different phases, I believe) for security/ private investigator.
You should be able to take the security CLEET without being employed anywhere but wont receive the license itself until you are actually employed with a licensed security agency.

Good luck!

wrong. well, at least if you do the combo license security/pi you get it as soon as you do the training, take the tests, pay the money and get the bond.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wrong. well, at least if you do the combo license security/pi you get it as soon as you do the training, take the tests, pay the money and get the bond.

Technically he is correct in that you don't get your license until employed by an agency. People who get their license without working for someone else first get an agency license and then get their personal license, since at that point they are self-employed under their own agency. But, you have to be employed to get the license.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the training. Is there multiple people that give the course?

Lucky for you that you are military. When I separated in '05, all I had to do was take the MMPI and pay for the license. I was grandfathered on the rest of the training....oh wait, except for the class that tells you that you have no authority except that as a private citizen. Wackenhut Security has a hiring program for veterans I believe. Good place to start I guess. Are you not interested in becoming a police officer?

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
SOR http://www.sortrainingcenter.com/ in Moore can get you squared away on all security cleet phases.

Paul Gordon & Doug Lindsay are good people, I took my CLEET phase I,II,&IV and got my armed security license. I'm also currently obtaining my AA degree in CJ Police Science.. My next semester I will be starting the COP Program too!

My goal is to get a position with Moore PD or CCSD! And I WILL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom