CNN reporter takes cheap shots at Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m hoping CNN’s Jarrett Bellini just needs a jolt of caffeine.

Otherwise, he’s just a typical, snarky critic of the Midwest, who feels emboldened to take cheap shots at a city.

Even worse, the topic of his reporting has nothing to do with the city.

This reporter of online trends took two jabs at Tulsa during a column about a new virtual reality game about soda drinking.

It’s an odd program and an odder column.

In criticizing the game’s graphics, he noted the program was literally built in a day.

“So, the game isn't exactly Rome. It's more like Tulsa.”

Huh? Has he even been to Tulsa, beyond driving through or staying due to a flight layover?

Has he gone to the Blue Dome District, attended a festival at the Guthrie Green or gone to a concert at the BOK Center?

Why is this guy picking on my city anyway?

Bellini doesn’t end there.

He found out that Providence, R.I., has a soda club, complete with an annual convention.

“Which, I suppose, shouldn't be that unexpected. Rhode Island is so weird. It's not even an island. It's more like Tulsa.”

What is this guy’s problem?

First, Providence, R.I., is cool, and I hope residents there are as offended as I am.

Second, Tulsa is cool too if he’d open his mind, which he clearly doesn’t want to do.

Third, this is about video games and soda drinking.

Bellini should stick more to his subject instead of casting insults at cities for no reason.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/new...cle_28550212-ca41-11e3-b172-0017a43b2370.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom