Colin Kaepernick Named Face of Nike's 30th Anniversary of 'Just Do It' Campaign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they don’t stand with their hands over their hearts, or rendering a salute for ex-military, they shouldn’t play. I wouldn’t let them on the field with long hair or beards, either.....
Should they wear neckties on the field, too? I mean, it was good enough for Patton's battlefield....

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:drunk2:

Attachments

• siren-take-a-knee.JPG
    siren-take-a-knee.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 123

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Should they wear neckties on the field, too? I mean, it was good enough for Patton's battlefield....

The NBA commissioner had the balls to tell his players he was tired of them looking like gangsta thugs and ordered them to ditch the bling and put on a suit and tie, or be fined and eventually removed from the league for noncompliance.
Guess what, they complied.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NBA commissioner had the balls to tell his players he was tired of them looking like gangsta thugs and ordered them to ditch the bling and put on a suit and tie, or be fined and eventually removed from the league for noncompliance.
Guess what, they complied.
Really? They wear a suit and tie on the court (the NBA's equivalent of the field)?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like a simple solution would be to end the bought-and-paid-for faux-patriotic propaganda and just leave all of 'em in the locker room during the anthem, as was done for many, many years without incident.
That's what the National Fools league with no balls tried to do, but the overpaid players union want them on the field. ESPN is backing their actions BTW. Boycott ESPN.
Ya know, when it comes Sunday after a long hard week of retired life, I just want to sit down in the recliner and watch a sporting event without any drama except what goes on between the players in their game. ESPN commentators actually started this crap with their onair comments about guns, perceived racism, etc by liberal announcers.
How about their keep their pie holes shut and comment on the sporting event they are hired to do. It didn't take much for a washed out bench sitting quarterback to figure out he is about off the payroll and needs to do something else to buy some more bling and hair spray.
Sacrifice everything? What hogwash. How much you want to bet he got paid by nike? It wasn't chump change BTW.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give yourself a break, you know what I'm talking about.
I know I was giving C_Hallbert a bit of ribbing for his position, and you chose to involve yourself.
That's what the National Fools league with no balls tried to do....
No, it isn't.

I wasn't saying "allow individual players to stay in the locker room." I was saying "put them all in the locker room." If you're not familiar with the history, that was the norm for a long time, up until fed.gov/the military paid the NFL to stage "patriotic displays" before games. The NFL took the money and dutifully ordered the players out on the field, thus creating the situation.

So...let's stop that. Play the anthem, fine, but keep the players in the locker room until the game starts. Let's not pretend this has anything to do with patriotism; it doesn't. When it's the result of a payment inducing you to do something you hadn't done before, it's called propaganda, and it smacks of Soviet-style enforced "patriotism."

Latest posts

Top Bottom