Colin Kaepernick Named Face of Nike's 30th Anniversary of 'Just Do It' Campaign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I was giving C_Hallbert a bit of ribbing for his position, and you chose to involve yourself.

No, it isn't.

I wasn't saying "allow individual players to stay in the locker room." I was saying "put them all in the locker room." If you're not familiar with the history, that was the norm for a long time, up until fed.gov/the military paid the NFL to stage "patriotic displays" before games. The NFL took the money and dutifully ordered the players out on the field, thus creating the situation.

So...let's stop that. Play the anthem, fine, but keep the players in the locker room until the game starts. Let's not pretend this has anything to do with patriotism; it doesn't. When it's the result of a payment inducing you to do something you hadn't done before, it's called propaganda, and it smacks of Soviet-style enforced "patriotism."
You still don't get my comments. When other players on the same team did not agree with the show of disrespect for our anthem and flag, they were bullied into following suit. That's not right and you know it.
Then you bring in the gulags. You really know how to lose a discussion.
Your right, the national fools league took the money and the players work for the national fools league. They are employees. I'll bet your employer wouldn't let you take a knee when they said you had to attend a staff meeting.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You still don't get my comments. When other players on the same team did not agree with the show of disrespect for our anthem and flag, they were bullied into following suit. That's not right and you know it.
Then you bring in the gulags. You really know how to lose a discussion.
Your right, the national fools league took the money and the players work for the national fools league. They are employees. I'll bet your employer wouldn't let you take a knee when they said you had to attend a staff meeting.
I agree that they shouldn't have been bullied, but that's between them and their teammates. I still suggest that a permanent solution would be a return to the policies that worked fine for many years.

And, for the record, I've walked out of staff meetings with the comment that "this is a waste of my time" loud enough for all--including my boss--to hear, to no ill effect. Even induced a few others to do so.
Wow. Didn't realize my first paying job was propaganda... :drunk2:
Okay, that's a fair cop; I wasn't as articulate as I should have been. When you publicly espouse a position (especially, but not exclusively in favor of a .gov organization) as a result of payment that you wouldn't otherwise publicly espouse, that's propaganda, not patriotism.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that they shouldn't have been bullied, but that's between them and their teammates.
No it's not. They would not be teammates if they did that. They would respect the opinions of their teammates and the opposition to their personal beliefs.
They were bullies. Bullies are not tolerated in any society and you appear to approve of their actions.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No it's not. They would not be teammates if they did that. They would respect the opinions of their teammates and the opposition to their personal beliefs.
They were bullies. Bullies are not tolerated in any society and you appear to approve of their actions.
I absolutely do not approve. They are teammates--I'd refer you to the publicly-posted rosters, and a good dictionary if need be--though not good ones. But no, they shouldn't be tolerated. The team's management should have cracked down on that if their fellows didn't. But that's an organizational issue; I've been on dysfunctional teams, and on great teams, and it's nobody's issue but the organization's. If you, as a customer, don't want to buy from that organization, more power to you. I've never argued against that.

I have argued in favor of removing the artificial conditions that created the dysfunctional situation in the first place, and I stand by that position. Fed.gov hired the NFL to propagandize on its behalf; that's not in question. That action created the circumstances that led to this entire controversy.

So...fix the problem at its root. End the meddling.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I absolutely do not approve. They are teammates--I'd refer you to the publicly-posted rosters, and a good dictionary if need be--though not good ones. But no, they shouldn't be tolerated. The team's management should have cracked down on that if their fellows didn't. But that's an organizational issue; I've been on dysfunctional teams, and on great teams, and it's nobody's issue but the organization's. If you, as a customer, don't want to buy from that organization, more power to you. I've never argued against that.

I have argued in favor of removing the artificial conditions that created the dysfunctional situation in the first place, and I stand by that position. Fed.gov hired the NFL to propagandize on its behalf; that's not in question. That action created the circumstances that led to this entire controversy.

So...fix the problem at its root. End the meddling.

It's not meddling. The NFL agreed to take the money. I don't dispute that fact. The National Fools league has failed to follow up on their part of the deal.
I would think any lawyer worth their salt would be more than happy to take up the case of failure to follow a contract lawsuit.
I'd think it can surely be solved that way vs the take the money and dither around blaming the players union. Unions can be sued and you know that.
There is a lack of leadership by the commissioner and a lack of spine by the legal team behind him to end this.
Let the overpaid fawker bullies walk off and end the season. Wouldn't be the first time. Nobody would miss them, then the season ticket holders and broadcast affiliates would take over the lawsuit where the owners won't.

Last edited:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3d86c82b453e5f23f55e5e2f5c2e60fda4345fafa7666e9cd022dcf505590792.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom