Colin Kaepernick Named Face of Nike's 30th Anniversary of 'Just Do It' Campaign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as long as you post about it; it doesn't count if you just quietly stop buying from them.

of course. though sadly, dropping your shirts, shorts and shoes into a goodwill bin doesn't probably get the social media hits that lighting the pants, shirts or shoes you're wearing on fire does...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
th
kaipernick's selfi

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh. They're still one of the top shoe manufacturers out there. I'll be racing in Pegasus, Lunar Spiders, Epic React, Wildhorse regardless of this stupid ad campaign.

OU just became a Jordan school. OK State's one of Nike's biggest Barbie dress up doll schools. They sponsor the US national teams in many sports, like Soccer and Athletics. They sponsor the USA Olympic team. They have a large international presence, including Ronaldo and their Japanese streetwear scene. Collaborations with hip hop artists like Kendrick Lamar and Drake.

I don't think Nike will be hurting for money, even in the Oklahoma consumer market.

tJ8smuY.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh. They're still one of the top shoe manufacturers out there. I'll be racing in Pegasus, Lunar Spiders, Epic React, Wildhorse regardless of this stupid ad campaign.

Nike just became a Jordan school. OK State's one of Nike's biggest Barbie dress up doll schools. They sponsor the US national teams in many sports, like Soccer and Athletics. They sponsor the USA Olympic team. They have a large international presence, including Ronaldo and their Japanese streetwear scene. Collaborations with hip hop artists like Kendrick Lamar and Drake.

I don't think Nike will be hurting for money, even in the Oklahoma consumer market.

tJ8smuY.jpg

Oklahoma is not the only state inline with no longer buying their product.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma is not the only state inline with no longer buying their product.

Doesn't really matter though Dennis. There's enough out there that this ad caters to that they'll be fine. The people crying about it aren't the ones buying $180 dollar Nike Pegasus Turbos, or Durant/lebron/Jordan shoes anyway.

RsI9t.gif

Actual footage of Nike execs reading this thread. ^^^

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter though Dennis. There's enough out there that this ad caters to that they'll be fine. The people crying about it aren't the ones buying $180 dollar Nike Pegasus Turbos, or Durant/lebron/Jordan shoes anyway.

RsI9t.gif

Actual footage of Nike execs reading this thread. ^^^

Dicks thought doing away with guns and destroying their inventory was a great move. It hasn't worked out well for them.
I do have to agree the demographic is the I don't give a shat crowd as long as I look cool.
As a side note, friends son just came from naval deployment with stops in Korea. The $100 athletic shoes we buy here could be bought directly from the factory for less than $20. There isn't 5 dollars of material or science in any single pair. It's all profit. (think it was adidas?)

Latest posts

Top Bottom