Colin Powell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is it that Obamas divisive or that both parties radical minority have made us divisive with their us vs them rhetoric?

I find most people are moderates and can find common ground on most political issues.

I think Powell is a conservative Republican, Romney isnt, and Powell supports the President because he understands Politics.

Theres alot more to being a politician than doing what the people want. Take healthcare for example, Romney as Gov did what the liberal population wanted. Obama made a tough decision and passed healthcare eventhough is wasnt politically correct but something had to be done.

Raising taxes isnt popular but sometimes it needs to happen, Obamas willing to try. Romney only says things to appease the opinion. Theres nothing Republican about Romney and Powell understands that.

As for racism, ya better get used to more social type politics. As more minorities are elected to offices we are going to see a rise in social policies.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is it that Obamas divisive or that both parties radical minority have made us divisive with their us vs them rhetoric?

IMO It all changed with the Bush V Gore Election. Politics changed from trying to appeal to the VAST majority to only aiming for 51%. This in turn lead to the quagmire we're in now. $.02 anyway

Westsidebob

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, he's a conservative because what else would he be (you clearly haven't looked at anything he did while Governor of MA)? What kind of logic is that. What line is he "on the right side of"?

Seriously - name one difference between his policies and Obamas.

Here are just a few they share:

http://endoftheamericandream.com/ar...ck-obama-and-mitt-romney-are-exactly-the-same

Right as opposed to left... You don't seem to be a big fan of Romney, I can't say as I am either, but at least he is right of Obama, or so I thought....

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I find most people are moderates and can find common ground on most political issues.

I think Powell is a conservative Republican, Romney isnt, and Powell supports the President because he understands Politics.

Theres alot more to being a politician than doing what the people want. Take healthcare for example, Romney as Gov did what the liberal population wanted. Obama made a tough decision and passed healthcare eventhough is wasnt politically correct but something had to be done.

Raising taxes isnt popular but sometimes it needs to happen, Obamas willing to try. Romney only says things to appease the opinion. Theres nothing Republican about Romney and Powell understands that.

As for racism, ya better get used to more social type politics. As more minorities are elected to offices we are going to see a rise in social policies.

Supporting Obama because Romney isn't conservative enough is like cutting your hand off because you don't want to put a band-aid on a boo-boo. :rolleyes2

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Supporting Obama because Romney isn't conservative enough is like cutting your hand off because you don't want to put a band-aid on a boo-boo. :rolleyes2

i pretty much aint a fan of Romney because he's not really a politician. I dont really support Obama either but its a thankless job anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom