Colin Powell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"Full of chit." Unless, of course, his views agree with yours.

"Is anyone really surprised by this?" What is the implication? A black man is going to support another black man no matter what?
That would be a yes, and further proof that racism is alive and well in these United states, and not only on the part of white people, as seems to be the popular view, as supported by the enlightened ones. By the way Powell, by his own admission, joined the republican party because, and this may not be exact, but close enough "Because I believe my political opportunities will be greater".

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Powell is just another politician, and has been for a long time. He is another do-gooder liberal and not the only former GO who supports Communism, statism, and anti-freedom. Take a look at the infamous Merrill McPeak for another example.

Frankly, all this talk about racism makes people embrace bigotry, simply because of the excessive keening cry of the purported victims. I am bigoted against dumbassery, and all politicians are practitioners of dumbassery in its many guises. While Romnah is a Pinko clown, he is lighter pink than Zed and his Fellow Travelers.

There's yer color bias. WOW, just wow.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a fact of life that a percentage of blacks would vote for Obama if he was Idi Amin Dada - just as a percentage of whites would vote for Romney if he was David Duke. Unfortunately, racism always has and always will exist, from both sides.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a fact of life that a percentage of blacks would vote for Obama if he was Idi Amin Dada - just as a percentage of whites would vote for Romney if he was David Duke. Unfortunately, racism always has and always will exist, from both sides.

It has been. It is. It will be.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Racism exists. Why is it so hard to admit? I'm sure many black people voted for Obama only because he is black. That's kinda racist. I'm equally sure many white people voted against Obama only because he was black. That's kinda racist too. We ought to be far enough along to look past color.

I totally agree with this in a way. But his first time around, he was thought to be a cool black guy (actually 1/2 black the other white) that shot hoops, and was a great orator promising hope and change.

I had family members that blamed Bush for every reason they made a wrong decision in their life, and high gas prices, and so on and so on.
Well they have all turned around and will not vote for the obummer. They have seen the error of their ways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom