Colorado Draw hunt anybody??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Does anybody go to Colorado for draw hunts? I just filled everything out for my muzzelloader tag for bull elk and I canot wait until September 10 for the season to open, that is if I draw a tag. My buddy and I have 4 pref points so I'm hoping this will be the year to get some elk. I have been 3 times bow hunting elk in the same location but no success. If I would have had a gun for anyone of those trips they might have turned out different. I let you guys know what I come up with, I can also purchase any over the counter bear tag, which are plentyful in the are we hunt.

hunterdeere

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put in for a late season rifle hunt. Last year in this area the odds were about 50%. Putting in with 5 other guys so hope 1 of us draw out early!!!!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will just put in for points this year too. I have been many times with a bow and never gotten one. Only ever had one shot. I have gone twice with rifle and got a cow the first year and a bull the other. I will have 6 pts for deer and elk after this year. I think I will try a deer tag in 66 next year. I am holding out for a 76 archery tag for my next elk hunt and am planning on going up there and staying the whole bow season when I get one.

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Imhnt I holding my deer pts for unit 62. I missed one bull 3 time in 09 with my bow, after that I said I was not going back without a gun. The last bull I killed was in 1998 in about 2 ft of snow, very good trip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom