Colorado Elk Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwild

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody else on here put in for the draw. The website says the planed post date is June 1st. But, I have a little trick I have learned the past couple of years. If you are like me and can't wait because you are like a kid the week before christmas try this. Go to Colorado Division of Wildlife's Website. From there go to there Total Licensing System. Put in your info and go through the steps like you are going to buy a Habitat Stamp or some other hunting license. Scroll to the bottom of the page. There is a section showing what licenses you have on file for 2010 if you have drawn an elk tag it is on there. I checked mine tonight. I have drawn either a rifle or black powder elk tag. We put in for deer too, but it wasn't on there yet. The deer may show up in a couple of days because the deer draw is a few days behind the elk draw. Just thought I would share this for some of you to try if you put in. Good luck.

mwild

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked the actual draw results on the DOW's website today. Looks like the results for the Elk draw are on there (today). You might check there today and see if you got your Elk tag. Because using the tip above mine doesn't show anything for a deer tag or deer app and I put in for both. I drew a 1st season limited bull rifle tag.

mwild

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can always do what we do when we don't draw. Go bow hunting. Of course we all enjoy bow hunting just as much. You just have to work a little harder and get a little or I guess a lot closer. I still have a chance to draw that black powder mule deer tag, but probably don't have enough points for that one.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has gotten a little pricey for me to bowhunt. I am planning on trying to draw a bow tag in a good area when I get enough points but have decided it is better to wait till I can get in a good area than to pay $500 for a tag and not see too much game. I have bowhunted up there for probably 7 years and only had one shot, which I missed. I have hunted a couple years in and feel confident that if I spend the money, I can get shots. My plan is to stay the whole bow season when I draw a tag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom