Combat magnum .44 2/34 inch barrel Model 69

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbok1947

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently picked up this revolver and it's turning out to be one of the best things Smith and Wesson has produced in years. Hickock 45's review of it is spot on -- a .44 special with magnum capability that is well within CCW weight and bulk. It rides very well in an OWB holster, has great balance and it more recoil-tolerant than you would expect from a .44 snubbie. Beautiful handgun. Anyone else had experience with this model?

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have that revolver, but I do have a similar size 44spl.
A Taurus 431, which is a (long discontinued) 3" 5 shot 44 special fixed sight revolver. Sort of in between a K and L frame.
I think it's the perfect size for a big-bore low pressure carry gun. Small enough to conceal reasonably well, but bug enough to hang onto and control.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The idea behind it really appeals to me, but I'm holding out for a used 696. Unfortunately, the day when availability and my budget align appears to be in the distant future.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently picked up this revolver and it's turning out to be one of the best things Smith and Wesson has produced in years. Hickock 45's review of it is spot on -- a .44 special with magnum capability that is well within CCW weight and bulk. It rides very well in an OWB holster, has great balance and it more recoil-tolerant than you would expect from a .44 snubbie. Beautiful handgun. Anyone else had experience with this model?
Is this it?
10064_01_lg_1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom