Coming back after being fired

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can turn a wrench and are willing to learn a different way to do things Frontier City shows to be hiring some mechanics.

https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats...key=2082B6EA7CEE69B65E522A6930A6DDDB&job=3747

Working with diesel engines will likely qualify you real well. Don't know what the pay will be but it's local and full time.
That bolded part would keep me out of this job lol
  • Must be able to lift 80 pounds consistently and carry over 25 feet of various surfaces
  • Must be able to lift and lower 25 pounds above shoulder level
  • Able to work at heights over 200 ft.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would look into the GI Bill if I were you. I've use all but a month of my total 48 months entitlement getting myself and my wife each a bachelor degree in the process.

Ch 33 (Post 9/11):
Full time (12+ Hours) in class instruction will get 100% of your tuition and fees paid for at an in-state school, $1308/month housing stipend, and up to $1000/year for books and supplies.

There are options for vocational schools and other institutions as well distance learning that have different rates of housing stipend.

You may be eligible for the Ch 30 (MGIB) but it is capped at $1789/month all in.

Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill

Chapter 30 - MGIB

Defintely something to consider, i would just need another source of income, maybe a part time job or a job that works night shift?

Yes I did. Retired 2 1/2 years ago.
Great company. Go to oge.com and see what jobs they have available.

I have applied for the fleet mechanic position and a relay technician. I am pretty hopeful, as it seems like things would be steadier than oilfield, and the pay seems pretty good. I'm tired of working in "jobs" I am really ready to find somewhere I can just sit back, grow, and go to work for the next 20 years, making the money and benefits I am looking for. You have any idea what kind of turn around I may be looking at going from application submitted to job offer?

Don't forget about midstream opportunities. I work for Enlink. A lot of mechanics do well as plant operators. We are hiring for some new positions soon.

Going to look now after i get done with this post!

If you can turn a wrench and are willing to learn a different way to do things Frontier City shows to be hiring some mechanics.

https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats...key=2082B6EA7CEE69B65E522A6930A6DDDB&job=3747

Working with diesel engines will likely qualify you real well. Don't know what the pay will be but it's local and full time.

That bolded part would keep me out of this job lol
  • Must be able to lift 80 pounds consistently and carry over 25 feet of various surfaces
  • Must be able to lift and lower 25 pounds above shoulder level
  • Able to work at heights over 200 ft.

Hmmm... heights don't bother me much, I will def look into this.

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Young, veteran, ambitious, skilled, single/unattached and willing to learn. I wouldn't hesitate to relocate. New experiences, relationships, and contacts are a positive. The time will come when you don't have as many options as you have now.

Having said that. If you can go to school and make ends meet that is the option I would choose. Take chances when you're young and the possible failures are just life lessons that pay dividends later.

Were this my situation, I think I'd be headed to Alaska for work. Always appealed to me.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Defintely something to consider, i would just need another source of income, maybe a part time job or a job that works night shift.

There is a VA work study program that allows you to work up to 25 hours at minimum wage or more if the school tips off to their minimum pay (tax free) for the school in their VA office or at a VA hospital.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

Been fired a few times, it was never fun. I've owned my own business for many years and I am MUCH happier and make several times the money I ever made working for somebody else.

"How did you move into owning your own business? It is something I have considered, I eventually want to get out of being a mechanic, but have no idea where to start. White collar or owning a business, I don't care."

I was 30 and got fired from a job and decided to start my own construction business. I bought a computer, printer, had business cards made up and installed a business line at my house with an answering machine. I started cold calling property management companies, realtors, big corporations, and got in several social networking clubs. My first 11 months in business I only made 15 thousand dollars and told my wife I would start looking for a job. The next month I got a 60 day remodeling project and made a 16 thousand dollar profit. Business was bad the next two years but the 4th year I made $130,000 profit and paid off both vehicles and two business loans. My only debt was my house and I refinanced it on a 15 year loan. My business went up and down over the years and I made some nice money building houses but then lost a lot of money with spec houses during the great recession of 2008. The last couple of years I have done very well and am currently putting a lot of cash in retirement.

well I find that exciting. Living the American dream really! I admire your determination. Personally I haven't come up with much in the way of a business i could start, but im still running on that wheel trying to get something in mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom