Communications for shtf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerstalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like GMRS is on the rise of popularity, CB's are still in use but not as popular as that once was. If there is a repeater nearby it does help to increase your distance. I'm hearing more and more people on GMRS in south central Kansas. If your repeater is "Linked" with other repeaters you could take across the country. A lot of info on YouTube..

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like GMRS is on the rise of popularity, CB's are still in use but not as popular as that once was. If there is a repeater nearby it does help to increase your distance. I'm hearing more and more people on GMRS in south central Kansas. If your repeater is "Linked" with other repeaters you could take across the country. A lot of info on YouTube..
I’m new to all this radio stuff I spent all day yesterday watching videos on YouTube some say it’s hard to locate a repeater some say it’s not I haven’t had any dealings with a CB since the 70’s I know a CB runs off your vehicle battery and the hand held radios need to be plugged in to charge if you don’t have electric then you don’t have a way to charge

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m new to all this radio stuff I spent all day yesterday watching videos on YouTube some say it’s hard to locate a repeater some say it’s not I haven’t had any dealings with a CB since the 70’s I know a CB runs off your vehicle battery and the hand held radios need to be plugged in to charge if you don’t have electric then you don’t have a way to charge
With all the electronic gadgets today, some sort of solar charger is a good idea to have. I’ve got a small one that’ll do a phone or iPad, but I’m looking for something a little bigger. My wife bought one off Amazon to run her cpap that’ll charge a phone too. It works, but I’m not to sure how long it would actually run the cpap.

BlindOne

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did my GMRS license just now. Now to get radio and receive my license. Used you guys link to get radio on Amazon. This will be a learning process. I’ll be reaching out to you guys for help. New adventure awaits.

Here’s the license process I followed:

https://radiothoughts.com/how-to-get-gmrs-license/

Latest posts

Top Bottom