Commuting to the act of blasphemy on a lever action.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have to push the cartridge all the way in with your thumb/finger. Use another cartridge to push it in that last little bit.
I was doing that to some extent, but getting the last round to seat/loading this way in general seemed pretty inefficient.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, I almost forgot. Every time I went to load the last round out of the magazine, the rifle jammed. It seemed to get stuck halfway in the tube and locked up the lever. Would take serious pressure from my trusty screwdriver to pull it out onto the loading lever. Is there something I can polish up or replace to fix this?

the picture is pretty dismal, but somewhere I the last couple of updates I’ve lost the ability or knowledge of how to enable the flash on my phone.
19BAB953-2BD9-4D55-BE1F-FB7C58FC15A2.jpeg

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I took it out yesterday for the first time. I really like the XS ghost sights. The aperture feels a little big, but for quick shots on pigs and deer within 75 yards, it should do the trick. At 50 yards I was sitting at 2” groups using plain ol federal JSP 158gr factory ammo. I’m sure it will tighten up with some practice and getting a feel for the rifle. I’m tempted to shorten the length of pull down a bit, the sights and how the rifle runs feels better slightly closer to my center of my chest than in the pocket of my shoulder, kinda like how I shoot ARs and AKs. Took it out in the woods to see if I could score a deer, but sadly didn’t happen. It’s wonderful to carry and is fantastic stomping through tough brush though.

I had two things that I didn’t like about it though. My thumbs are too fat to load ammo into the side gate without getting my thumb or nail snagged in there, and despite putting in the ranger point precision trigger, the trigger pull is incredibly heavy. No slop or creep, just an incredibly heavy brick wall. Im willing to bet we’re sitting at 9lbs or better, it’s heavier than shooting my N frame in double action before I smoothed everything up.

any nifty tricks for loading the rifle, or anything I can do to make life easier? I already have a lightened gate on it.

anything else I can do to reduce trigger pull weight? The RPP trigger is supposed to have dropped the pull down considerably, but that hasn’t happened. I’m sending them an email about it, but if they don’t do anything, what else can I do?

Install one of these if you haven't already for the side gate loading. Really helped mine

https://rangerpointstore.com/marlin-loading-gate/

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
@O4L or other admin is the issue with the text boxes, adding quotes can and text self deleting known? Is there a fix for it? Things like the above post drive me crazy and I cannot fix. Kinda like this thread, I cannot edit the title.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
@O4L or other admin is the issue with the text boxes, adding quotes can and text self deleting known? Is there a fix for it? Things like the above post drive me crazy and I cannot fix. Kinda like this thread, I cannot edit the title.
I don't understand what you are asking about the text boxes.

To edit the title click on the drop down menu at the top of the thread then select Edit Thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom