Company meeting in our new building... active shooter question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am sitting in the back of the big meeting area for our monthly "state of the union" meeting with our company ( 99% left leaning tards ) and the "safety" guy is giving his part of the whats been happening and what we are going to be doing soon speech. and someone asked him this question.
Will we be having drills on what to do if there is an active shooter?
I busted out laughing so hard that everyone started to stare at me.... our company is a gun and knife free zone.
all I could think of was How does one practice being dead... what are we gonna do learn how to pray for a quick clean death?

5 min later I was asked if I wanted to be on the team to help train everyone since I have guns and a CCW.... I started laughing again and walked away.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Um yes i would love to throw myself into a pit of toddlers and teach them algebra. No thanks. Sounds like you did the right thing to me

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's a gun and knife free zone, how does anyone know you have guns and a CCW?

While being armed is option #1 (assuming one has enough training to effectively employ a firearm in that situation), there actually are a lot of effective actions that unarmed people can take in the event of an active shooter situation...that don't involve just being dead. Why not offer to help?

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's a gun and knife free zone, how does anyone know you have guns and a CCW?

While being armed is option #1 (assuming one has enough training to effectively employ a firearm in that situation), there actually are a lot of effective actions that unarmed people can take in the event of an active shooter situation...that don't involve just being dead. Why not offer to help?
they know that I belong to a few shooting teams and a few of us from work took the same CCW class a while back... and I talk about building AR's and stuff all the time.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I said shooting teams.. I should have said shooting groups... also the leader ship of this company are dead set against guns in any form and pretty much look a pone anyone that has them or carries them as someone that is more of an outcast right wing nut job. They would learn nothing from any kind of instruction.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see them labeling you more as an outcast if you try to help. Going off of how you described them. Better off letting someone else take that fall.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell them you will help them but say you should be promoted to "active shooting defense officer" and that title allows you to carry while at work, but you have to wear a dayglow orange vest for safety reasons.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the whole thing just struck me very funny.

Yeah it is funny actually. The sheeple mindset is perplexing...but I always temper that thought with the realization/acceptance that not everyone chooses to carry a gun every day and not everyone who carries a gun every day is actually trained and equipped to handle an active shooter.

Carrying a gun is a step in the right direction, but it's not the final/only answer. I would participate in the training and if I had any real insight, training, or experience to add other than just being an SDA class trained CCW holder I would offer it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom