Concealed License show up on background check

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't recall what agency. I'm inclined to think Cleveland County--I was on 149th SW just east of I-44. The officer was about as generous as I've ever met: not only did he give me a warning for speeding (he had me dead-to-rights), he even overlooked the fact that I'd forgotten my wallet/license. He called in my name and plate number and said that he'd let me off because I had a clean driving record and he saw that I had a permit.

Old Fart, it's been my experience that officers often give a little leeway to people with permits on the theory that they're "card-carrying good guys," and that the transgression was probably a one-time accident rather than a pattern of lawlessness.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't recall what agency. I'm inclined to think Cleveland County--I was on 149th SW just east of I-44. The officer was about as generous as I've ever met: not only did he give me a warning for speeding (he had me dead-to-rights), he even overlooked the fact that I'd forgotten my wallet/license. He called in my name and plate number and said that he'd let me off because I had a clean driving record and he saw that I had a permit.

Old Fart, it's been my experience that officers often give a little leeway to people with permits on the theory that they're "card-carrying good guys," and that the transgression was probably a one-time accident rather than a pattern of lawlessness.

That can't be ... must have been an impersonator ... :naughty::lmfao:

Seriously though, I will double-check with Scott when he gets home. I know they can check your insurance on the computer now but saying he saw your "permit" doesn't jive with insurance. Hmmmm.....

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It shows up on a criminal history check, or you can search through OLETS. Both of these are available through dispatch, or in the car if they have MobileCop.

Yep, I ran quite a few III's for LEO employment and they show them. I dunno what kind of background information non LEO employers have access to though.

Off topic, do you have MC and do you like it? We are probably going to run MC in the next year or so.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It shows up on a criminal history check, or you can search through OLETS. Both of these are available through dispatch, or in the car if they have MobileCop.

Yep, I ran quite a few III's for LEO employment and they show them. I dunno what kind of background information non LEO employers have access to though.

Off topic, do you have MC and do you like it? We are probably going to run MC in the next year or so.

Opps ... This is what happens when you try to have more than one conversation at a time with a man who is getting ready for work ... sorry ... my bad ... :preocc:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's okay BB, I forgive you for being a woah-man. :selfangel

LOL ... well I got the straight skinny later. Apparently if you just run a tag or license (like I said ... :blush:) it doesn't show. BUT if you youngsters who are feeling your oats dig a little deeper then you can get it ... :thumbup3:

GC likes to make his contacts short, sweet and to the point. Unless someone gives him cause, he just writes them for what he sees and moves on.

The one time I was with him he had a guy who he had stopped for drunk driving. Ran his license and all these warrants started coming back. GC was sick ... 15 minutes from shift end and off to county we had to go.

GC was not half as sick as I was ... I was never so happy to see a day over with in my life ... :lookaroun I don't know how you guys do it day in and day out! :lookaroun:lookaroun

Latest posts

Top Bottom