Concealing Extra Mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
until your mag malfunctions after round 3 and your busy fishing a mag out of your pocket while the adrenaline is pumping through your veins.

If you wear a shirt untucked most mag holders ride high enough you can wear it OWB just fine. Thats why I like the one Troy make me I can wear it either way depending on what Im wearing.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
until your mag malfunctions after round 3 and your busy fishing a mag out of your pocket while the adrenaline is pumping through your veins.

Again, not trying to knock anyone for doing their thing, but I shoot my guns regularly and anytime I have a problem with a mag, I mark it - if I can't clean it or tune it to prevent it from malfunctioning, I pitch them - no reason to have problem mags around.

In training, if you have a malfunction in your handgun, your first response should never be to drop the mag (at least as far as any of the classes I've ever attended, or training videos I've ever watched).

In Cat 1/2 malfunctions, the best practice is to quickly visually inspect (for a loose mag, a stovepipe or possible cat3/double-feed), and then Tap-Rack-Bang. The only danger is a possible hang-fire or squib, but if you're using good self-defense ammo, this is almost never a problem.

In a Cat 3, you don't even really have to chuck the mag - you can retain it and rack the slide 3 times after you've locked the slide, but either way, you're screwing around with your gun (mag quickly accessible or not) for quite a little bit of time, so you'd probably want to find cover should you be facing bad-guys who are shooting at you while you're doing this.

Edited to add - BTW, that Triple-Crown holster/mag-holder look pretty bad-ass. I may have to pick up a holster from Troy for my XD9sc. Been looking at picking up another Ugly Bald-Guy Holster, but that setup looks pretty nice.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another plus for TroyF and TripleCrown Holsters. Troy is a great guy and will make you what you want. He made me this for my extra mag for my M&P9c. You can wear it IWB or OWB. It is very comfortable. He made the holster was well.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

That mag holster almost looks like it would fit in a front pocket pretty easily, too.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
alh6.googleusercontent.com__OAxreTvnipY_TUEjANQ8lsI_AAAAAAAAAH4822e3461e3525c7e9958880652766ec.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom