Concealing Extra Mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkbe9980

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some places I go (like the state fair) I want to carry an extra mag. I'd like a kydex IWB holder so I can keep consistant with the way I train having my mags in the typical 9 o'clock position. I plan on making some stuff with kydex but I haven't started playing with it yet. Anyone know of a good place to get one or a better way to carry mags concealed? Thanks

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a kydex iwb mag holder I'd contact Troyf on this site/tripple crown holsters.
I had him make me exactly what you're talking about. I'll try to post pics soon.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another plus for TroyF and TripleCrown Holsters. Troy is a great guy and will make you what you want. He made me this for my extra mag for my M&P9c. You can wear it IWB or OWB. It is very comfortable. He made the holster was well.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That seems like a good idea until you try fishing it out of your pocket for a quick reload then you realize how much that idea sucks.

In all reality, if you're in a gun-fight that requires more than the 8-15rds that your typical CCW will hold, you probably shouldn't have gotten in that gunfight to begin with. If you've got more bad-guys than you've got ammo (considering of course that under duress, you could miss at least 1 or 2 shots), then you'd probably have to find cover in the first place, or you'd be in danger of being hit from multiple attackers.

I know its possible, and I'm not knocking the well-prepared, but I honestly only feel like I've got the bare minimum when I've got a J-frame with only 5-shots. I will rarely carry one without a couple of speed-loaders.

I keep my spare mags (when I carry them) in an ipod-case in my pocket (and when I do CCW training, I have them in my pocket then as well). If I have to draw my CCW in a situation that suddenly gets way out of control, then I'd have to find proper cover (something that everyone who gets into a "gunfight" should probably be trained to do - I'm no expert in this area by any means). Most of my guns have at least 12-15rd mags in them, and if I can't do it with that many, then I probably shouldn't have drawn in the first place.

Here's some advice to the OP - if you've never carried both your gun and a mag/holder IWB, you'll most likely have to step up in belt-sizes unless your belt is well larger than you are (also, pants are another issue - if you're pushing it with a single IWB, then consider larger pants as a necessity). I tried doing the IWB mag thing but found that it just didn't work for me.

Everyone is different though, and the important thing is that you train the same way you carry.

clarkbe9980

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I will ever need to have to reload during a gun fight. If I can't get myself out of trouble with 5 or so rounds, I was in the wrong place. I carry my Glock 22 / M&P45 during the fall and winter and those carry plenty of rounds. When I go to an area that is a little sketchy I feel more comfortable with an extra mag for a tac reload while I wait for the cops. In my experience bad guys usually have a friend with them. Right now I just put my extra in a cargo shorts pocket, I'm just looking for something more stationary.

Lucky for me I have lost some weight so I have some room to carry a spare mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom