Congratulations To USSA Black Coin Graduates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saryan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yesterday we handed out 4 black coins to the men who earned them. They have worked their way up through all the levels of training that we offer here at the academy. They have proven to be proficient in handgun, rifle, shotgun, edged weapons, and close quarter combat. This in not something you can buy. Its something you must earn. Similar to a Black belt in martial arts. You have to pass each level of training to proceed forward. Its taken a long time to complete all these courses but they all agree it has been worth it. To those who received the coins I say "Congratulations". I would go to battle with any of these men without thinking twice.

[Broken External Image]

saryan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is SO cool...

What all classes do you have to take ( pass) to get the coin??

Take our rifle classes, handgun classes, CQT, Edged, and Shotgun. Its a lot of training. It takes at least 2 years. We keep up with who takes what and appreciate those who believe in us and our training philosophy.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would I at least get a pink one for failing all of the classes? :D

I think it's awesome. When we were there this morning for the match, my sons were watching the demo video playing in the lodge. they wanted to try some of the hand to hand stuff.

saryan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can you name the recipients? I know a lot of the folks who train there. Just curious.

Not unless I get permission from each one of them. There names are on the plaque in the main lobby though.

There isnt a set time it takes to get the black coin. If you could take all those classes (9-10) and pass all the tests then you could get it done in 1 year. But with the schedule of our classes and the fact most people have full time jobs and cant train all the time we say it takes about 2 years.

Now I am going to talk a little about a new program thats headed your way. Its called the "USSA Training Group". Think of how martial arts has been run. You take 2-3 hour classes during the week and get through a program over a period of time and test to get different belts to prove your ability. We are going to be offering our classes with the same idea in mind. Example: Our 210 handgun meets on Friday evenings at 6:00. After attending x amount of classes you can test up to be able to join the 211 class that meets on Thursdays at 6:00. Same thing with rifle. Thats just an example we dont have the time or days yet. I will launch an official "USSA Training Group" announcement thread once we have all the specifics. Cost will be VERY affordable. Very similar to any MMA/cross fit program cost. We are really excited about this and it will be another way to earn your black coin. There are other colors that will be available as well. Like martial arts as you progress and test you will earn your blue, red, and black coin. We want to set a standard. When you meet a man who is a black belt you have an idea what he has gone through and his level of proficiency. We want our students to be able to have that ability. To be able to say "I am a black coin. Yes. It was hard. I practiced and trained for months to earn it.". I think its a great idea and I will be in those classes with everyone else. I cant take off 3 days from here to take a 231 class. But I can do 2 hours in an evening to do a training group to take the same class.

Latest posts

Top Bottom