Conneticut Question? Didn't they already have an AWB in place?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, correct me if I am wrong, and I very well could be.

Wasn't Connecticut one of the states that actually still had an "Assault Weapons Ban" before the shooting that triggered all of this?

Dave

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't matter anyway. We are fixing to have another one anyway. Buy now while you still can. And private sellers at gun shows? It'll be a thing of the past. I'd also expect the government to plug the private sale loop hole on forums like this as well.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't matter anyway. We are fixing to have another one anyway. Buy now while you still can. And private sellers at gun shows? It'll be a thing of the past. I'd also expect the government to plug the private sale loop hole on forums like this as well.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying, but my question was more for verification and as a rhetorical question.

I mean, if Connecticut already had an assault weapons ban in place, then why is the national conversation aimed at an assault weapons ban?
Why is it that No One has mentioned this fact in any of the media?
Did the NRA happen to mention this fact when calling for armed guards at schools?

I don't know.

Dave

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I'm reading, CT's AWB did not expire, it just didn't include this particular Bushmaster AR.

It was the Federal ban on assault weapons expiring in 2004 that I was remembering reading:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS...apons-ban-work/story?id=18000724#.UNqqbeTAeSo

Conneticuts list of banned firearms: Algimec Agmi; Armalite AR-180; Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol; Auto-Ordnance Thompson type; Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol; Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88; Colt AR-15 and Sporter; Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2; Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45; Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC; FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT; Federal XC-900 and XC-450; Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12; Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High-Tech Long Pistol; Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89; Holmes MP-83; MAC-10, MAC-11 Carbien type; Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000; Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only; Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 Series; Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol; Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3; Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns; USAS-12; USI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom