Constitutional and International Law on Providing Due Process.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think they will rule agaist the ACLU for this reason.

Our Constitution and the specific Rights contained should only apply within our borders, its what makes us sovern. When you enter another country you fall under their rules and Constitution. Depending on the country you may gain some rights or lose some rights.

This is why it doesnt bother me when hikers got caught in Iran or why It doenst bother me when missionarys get in trouble in other countries. Same with drug smugglers.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our government operating outside the constitution against US citizens is a very different situation than Iran seizing a US hitchhiker. The US government by its very nature cannot be outside the borders of the US and its agents should have to operate within constitutional parameters. I am not very hopeful the judicial system will see it this way,however.

I think they will rule agaist the ACLU for this reason.

Our Constitution and the specific Rights contained should only apply within our borders, its what makes us sovern. When you enter another country you fall under their rules and Constitution. Depending on the country you may gain some rights or lose some rights.

This is why it doesnt bother me when hikers got caught in Iran or why It doenst bother me when missionarys get in trouble in other countries. Same with drug smugglers.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I geuss im saying that the right to due process only applies as far as the Constitution. If the Constitution only applies within our borders then the Rights contained could only apply in our borders.

I dont think we should be targeting US citizens for asassinations or have any citizens on a kill list. Theres something inherently wrong with that. But thats a different argument.

Latest posts

Top Bottom