Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ran into Representative Babinec yesterday. He is confident the Gov will sign the bill.
Until it’s signed I have no confidence it will be. We all know how politicians are. With that being said, she has signed some good 2A bills that I know Brad Henry wouldn’t have. Open carry is one of them. Hopefully it’s signed today. Fingers crossed.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until it’s signed I have no confidence it will be. We all know how politicians are. With that being said, she has signed some good 2A bills that I know Brad Henry wouldn’t have. Open carry is one of them. Hopefully it’s signed today. Fingers crossed.

We were discussing last night whether she had out-played the Legislature. Once they adjourned, there is no coming back without HER calling a special session, so she could very easily pocket veto and there wouldn't be a damn thing they could do but eat crow. Time will tell ... clock is ticking ... think I'll call again today. Never hurts and only takes a few minutes.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were discussing last night whether she had out-played the Legislature. Once they adjourned, there is no coming back without HER calling a special session, so she could very easily pocket veto and there wouldn't be a damn thing they could do but eat crow. Time will tell ... clock is ticking ... think I'll call again today. Never hurts and only takes a few minutes.

Thing is... if she doesn't sign, it'll be up again next session and I would hope that the indignation would carry over to make it happen. Of course, who will be the next .gov, who knows? But a veto-proof vote could happen.

Unless... some of our fine and upstanding legislators made a backdoor "wink-wink/nudge-nudge" deal with Gov. Fallin to let her step on the bill to quash it, so they can say, "Hey, look, we voted for it, nothing more we could do!" Then use political connections to help get her into her next appointment or whatever.

Not that our fine and upstanding legislators would ever contemplate some kind of underhanded dealing and political gamesmanship like that.... RIGHT????

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said, this is bs. They should have to sign it either way. I am starting to get worried. There are so many people that are so happy that this passed. For her to not sign it sickens me.

I agree this is a leftover rule that needs to be abolished. It serves no purpose but gaming the system.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much longer does she have left to before it dies? It’s usually like 5 days right? So where are we at?

I think it's 14 days and we are 5 ... or 6 ... days in now. I'm not sure whether the day it passed is counted as day 1 or if it starts the next day, so don't quote me. Where are the guys who know this stuff for sure?

ETA: Ok, the way it was explained to me was the clock starts the day the bill hits her desk. And that is not typically the day a bill is passed unless there is a compelling reason to rush it to her. Usually it's a day or two after ... so ... I still dunno exactly when the 14 days started.

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing we can do now is to call and email the Governor. Everybody wanted this to pass should be doing that each day and also encouraging others to do the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom