Constitutional Carry send your support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So many of these Senators are clueless about life in the real world and how this affects those of us in law enforcement. :facepalm:

I am honestly curious, from a LE perspective, and for lack of a better way to say it, what is the difference between notifying upon "contact" vs when asked.
I also would think it would always be better to notify the officer up front regardless if they asked or not.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not if your not carrying. Which most often is never for me but just saying.
True, I just meant those are the only times you are required to disclose if you're carrying. Simple "contact", as in if you just strike up a conversation with a policeman at Quick Trip does not require disclosure.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am honestly curious, from a LE perspective, and for lack of a better way to say it, what is the difference between notifying upon "contact" vs when asked.
I also would think it would always be better to notify the officer up front regardless if they asked or not.
As of now, if you are pulled over, arrested or detained you are required to notify the officer you are licensed and carrying, either verbally or by presenting your permit. Under the new law, you will not be required to disclose that you are carrying UNLESS he/she asks.

Which I fully expect to be standard practice. I agree that it's a good idea to tell them up front, but you will not be legally required to do so. Unless they ask.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought Zoo was a no-no anyway because it’s city property.

The way it was before, you could carry outside (just like a city or county park) but not in the buildings. They could not preclude you from carrying outside, but it was interpreted to state they could prohibit it indoors, in a building where they are doing business with the public (paraphrasing).

Not sure exactly how it will be handled after any potential changes.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the Gov signs it why doesn't it go into effect immediately? Why the waiting period?

That is how all laws work when passed unless it's passed with an emergency order (or whatever it's called) that expedites the effective days.

It provides the rest of the state (agencies, county/local officials and agencies, the population) time to promulgate whatever is needed to comply with the legislation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom