Constitutional Carry send your support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a response from my senator, Roland Pederson:

Good afternoon Gary,

Thanks for reaching out concerning the very important matter. I support HB2597 as it does address many of the concerns that were in the Constitutional Carry bill vetoed by the Governor last year. Included are specifics about the bill HB2597.

What specifics were of concern?

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son in law and I shot at the same time along with a deputy that had just moved here from Arizona we got done shooting and my son in law leaned over and said look! And I looked at the guys target and half the shots were not on paper at 7 yards

I shot a steel challenge match in AZ a few years ago and they had a separate division for officers. Iron sights to iron sights I beat the officer by a pretty wide margin in the 22 pistol category. I hate to imagine what the difference in actual hit and miss was.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What specifics were of concern?
He didn't address that specifically but he did provide this graphic.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But can they carry legally in Oklahoma?

Yes.
21 1290.26
RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT AUTHORITY

The State of Oklahoma hereby recognizes any valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit, valid military identification card as provided for qualified persons in Section 1290.8 of this title or license issued by another state, or if the state is a nonpermitting carry state, this state shall reciprocate under the permitting law of that state.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
B. Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed carry upon the authority of a state that is a nonpermitted carry state and the person is in compliance with the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, the person is authorized to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm in this state.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK. Maybe it's because I just got up from a nap, but I just read the text of HB2597, and there is still a lot of "shall not" phrases in that 36 pages of the bill. Still has references to having a handgun license as well.

Where's Dave when a guy needs the advice of a lawyer while reading a bill?

Latest posts

Top Bottom