Could you please just back the hell up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcgee10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in college, I had a job I hated. My job performance SUKKED! My manager was an *******. I knew it was just a matter of time before I was fired. The manager was a "close talker" type. One day I got rubbed the wrong way. He was in my space telling me how I screwed up. And telling me... And telling me... Finally I went to HR and told them I was feeling like he was coming on to me (SOB) and my job performance was suffering (SOB , SOB) so much because I could not deal with his unwanted advances. Miraculously he would stand four feet from me when we talked and he started behaving like an adult. I actually began to like my job. Two months later they found out he was embezzling from the company and was fired. Serves him right.

aryfrosty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I admit to being retired...and, I admit that I probably caused some panic in my bosses for the last ten years of work. I was a 911 PSAP supervisor and I worked for an operations supervisor who worked for the chief of operations. The operations boss had a terrible habit of coming in while I was involved in something that needed concentration and starting to give "advice" on how to do my job. If I ignored him he would become louder and more insistant. The last time he did that I called another supervisor over and asked him to take over what I was doing. I then asked the ops guy to go into the office with me and I read him the riot act...peacefully...and told him to stay out of my general area when I was busy. I pointed out to him that he was compromising my ability to resolve problems with his "busy little helper" act.
If you remain respectful and do so in private I think you are safe to tell a boss to back up/ off. I found that most react negatively to open confrontation but they don't mind as much if you do it privately. I was the best choice to confront the guy because I kept my ducks in a row and had a good history with the higher bosses.

:boxing3:

David33

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a pen and drop it. Reach down real quick and hand butt the crap out of him/her. You call this an acident, but they will get the hint.
I mean head to the bridge of the nose. Promise it will work. Of course say you are so sorry, lol

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think probably asking them to backup because it makes you uncomfortable is step 1. Step 2 is HR, Step 3 is accidental headbutt, elbow to the scrotal region while stretching the hurt wrist etc.

If there is any discussion about the event in step 3 you could defend yourself by saying "Well **** I asked him to back up once nicely, then HR told him to do it, if he wouldn't have been there it wouldn't have happened." If you CYA I would imagine a small mishap as step 3 would drive the point home and also not get you into any trouble.

How much longer do you have to endure this before your transfer? If its like a week I wouldn't do anything, including give him a piece of my mind before transferring. What do you stand to gain other than personal satisfaction? Not much if anything. He might get promoted in 6 months or something and then you are back to being screwed all over again. I'd say its in your best interest not to take the gloves off once the transfer is final.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should be out of there by early May so I am just staying quiet. This guy has burned so many bridges at our company that I won't have to do anything. Karma doesn't mess around and without me there to sell all of our products (am only employee/salesman at store besides him) his paycheck will significantly decrease. That is enough satisfaction for me, I just needed to vent a little because it is definitely awkward.

I am not small by any means but don't try to use that to my advantage, being professional will help me in the future. Being immature will only make things harder for myself. I am just glad that I have been cool headed enough to sit back and realize this

Latest posts

Top Bottom