counter sniper scopes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Counter Sniper™
Bertillium-Zantitium™ multi coated optics
HydroShear™ water / ice displacement coating
DustCaster™ ion charge for anti-static dust displacement
InfraShield™ IR spectrum filtering coating
VaporShear™
TitaniStar™
StormBringer™
PermaLax™
RapierRail™

Hey, with all those "TM"'s, it must be a awesome scope! Not!

Huge 35 mm tube. Measures 18" long and weighs 2 lbs., 3 ozs.

Seriously? Why would anyone want a 35 ounce scope unless they wanted the rifle to roll over like a capsizing ship?

From their website:
If you are looking through a 40 power scope at a distant object and it doesn't appear as clear or contrasty as a 4 power scope focused on something closer, the actual difference is only the amount of haze, pollution and mirage...at least with CounterSniper's™ Bertrillium-Zantitium™ scopes!

Contrasty? Is that even a word? They're basically telling you that the view is going to be crappy on 40X, but it's not their fault, it's the environment! When they use BS like "transmissivity coefficients", They're shining you on.

Borne of a decade of development for the sterile and untraceable optical rifle sighting requirements of Special Operations and clandestine warfare, CounterSniper Military Optical Gunsights Corp. manufactures a line of optical weapon sighting systems and visible and IR laser aiming systems from CQB to long range sniping and competition.

CounterSniper Military Optical Gunsights Corp is Headquartered in Rochester NY, the imaging capital of the world. Long a primary Soviet nuclear impact target due to the creation of optical sighting systems for satellites, spy planes and now digital imaging devices, it is home to some of the premier optical creation, coating and imaging companies.

I'm sorry, but I'm finding it difficult to type as I sit here rolling on the floor in hysterical laughter. Seriously, who comes up with this ****? Oh wait, it's the same folks who came up with X-treme Shock ammo, Dark Ops. They're complete BS and anyone who pays more than $35 for one of these has been taken to the cleaners.

Here's a thread on M4carbine: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=28650&highlight=COUNTER+SNIPER+OPTICS

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was curious about them but leary of them from the start. They don't seem to have good reviews on midwayusa.com. I've currently got the Millett TRS-1 thats 4-16x50 and I've been thinking about selling it and upgrading to the Millett LRS 6-25x56. I've done a lot of reading on them and for the price range and for what I want to do with it, I can't beat it apparently.

I would like a fixed 10x but I really don't have the loot for it.

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was curious about them but leary of them from the start. They don't seem to have good reviews on midwayusa.com. I've currently got the Millett TRS-1 thats 4-16x50 and I've been thinking about selling it and upgrading to the Millett LRS 6-25x56. I've done a lot of reading on them and for the price range and for what I want to do with it, I can't beat it apparently.

Millet makes a good scope, I hac a buck gold and now have a trs like mentioned. I believe Bushnell bought them out.

fltmedic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Counter Sniper Scopes are a cheap scope and there have been several write ups on them on the long range shooting sites. They do not hold up well and there claims are bogus. They have a good sales pitch but that is a joke and you are better off spending your money on a brand name optic.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Counter Sniper Scopes are a cheap scope and there have been several write ups on them on the long range shooting sites. They do not hold up well and there claims are bogus. They have a good sales pitch but that is a joke and you are better off spending your money on a brand name optic.

This.

They are junk. No proof of any government contract (I think it was disputed on a couple of different boards and found that it must be a non-US contract somewhere if it even exists) and that the "government contract" version of the scopes is far different than the retail scopes they sell - if you'll read all the literature about them, it sort of suggests this (which is a good way of saying, "Our good scopes aren't what we're selling you, but we do make those").

I wouldn't spend any money on them when there are known good brands for around the same amount at other places.

Think about return service, etc... if you ever have a problem with them - almost no one knows anything about them except for negative reviews and there are no major retail outlets to go to if you have an issue - that's a recipe for lighting your money on fire right there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom