Country vs. State

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our schools are not about education, they are about re-education and indoctrination.

Its just another case of 'history is written by the victor'. Nice to see that some people don't just blindly believe whatever they are told in school. Be careful with that free thinking tho man, some might label you a "liberal" :rolleyes:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. But wouldn't a state that had seceded become it's own country?

In my college American History course, I argued to the professor (a Yankee ;) ) that by the Union's refusing to recognize the Confederacy as a separate and unique nation, they committed treason by raising arms their against fellow states. The Confederacy - considering themselves a separate country - were simply at war with another nation.

He threw his eraser at me.

I got an A :)

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To reply to the OP, it depends on the issue. If I disagree with Oklahoma's position, I may defect from her to a state still within the "Union."

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its just another case of 'history is written by the victor'. Nice to see that some people don't just blindly believe whatever they are told in school. Be careful with that free thinking tho man, some might label you a "liberal" :rolleyes:

They already do. And then another group says that I'm some extreme right-winger.

In my college American History course, I argued to the professor (a Yankee ;) ) that by the Union's refusing to recognize the Confederacy as a separate and unique nation, they committed treason by raising arms their against fellow states. The Confederacy - considering themselves a separate country - were simply at war with another nation.

He threw his eraser at me.

I got an A :)

You obviously had a better professor than me. Two of my F's on my college transcript are from correcting professors in class (one history, one English). It's also one reason why I won't go back to school (the other is $$$).

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm an American before I'm an Oklahoman.

Interesting, because I'm Oklahoman before I'm American. I don't think the America that we see today is the America that our Founding Fathers intended. We're being ruled by a treasonous government in Washington led by a President whose goal is the de-Americanization of the world. He views America as an oppresor and is seeking to devalue our influence around the world at every turn. Our society is full of parasites, living off of the wealth that you and I work to build and the moment the conservative states of this country secede, the liberal, overtaxed and over-regulated states left behind will be sent into a tailspin because they won't be able to sustain themselves. Seriously - can you see California or Michigan surviving on their own merits?

There's a reason my avatar is an Oklahoma flag. I believe this state still retains the best values this country ONCE represented.

As a kid, I oftend wondered how General Lee could turn down the command of the US Army being offered by Lincoln, only to return to Virginia and lead an army into combat against that very same force. Now I understand.

To hell with California and the rest of the country who voted for these imbeciles in Washington. They reap what they sow.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only allegiance I have is to liberty. I only value governments to the extent that they advance liberty. Since I believe that the state of Oklahoma and the United States of America both violate my liberty more than they advance it, I'm not too terribly loyal to either one. I would prefer no government to the Administrative State we live under now.

justinsaneok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only allegiance I have is to liberty. I only value governments to the extent that they advance liberty. Since I believe that the state of Oklahoma and the United States of America both violate my liberty more than they advance it, I'm not too terribly loyal to either one. I would prefer no government to the Administrative State we live under now.

Nice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom