What is the state law on producing I.D. on demand from law enforcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it you tend to come across as such a d**k? Yes...it's a true story. Are you writing a f**king book or what? I don't care to broadcast specifics of my personal life on the internet...maybe you do. And you're entitled to know what I feel like telling you and nothing more. You should know QI shields law enforcement officers only when their actions do not violate a clearly established statutory or constitutional right. They alleged his rights were violated by me (mostly due to alleged excessive force). They sued me. Why is that so hard to believe? You act like this is something unusual. It's not.

I didn't get involved in all of the preliminary issues. I had attorneys for that. I don't know why the judge allowed the case to go forward, but he did. It was over 20 years ago. My focus at the time was to defend myself...not worry about the legal theories involved. Again...that's why I had attorneys. And nowhere did I say (in the first post where I mentioned the suit) that it was frivolous or flimsy. You said that. I said he made up a story and changed it several times...with regards to what I did to him. I said he and his family were liars with a history of trying to sue. I said the jury took only a very short time to decide in my favor.

And the attorneys weren't trying to "soak" anyone. How do you jump to these sorts of accusations so easily? He billed out around $450 an hour with 2 assistant atty's that billed at about 1/2 that plus an office staff. They worked the case for over 2 years. Do the math. I wasn't invited specifically what the judgment against the little turd said or stipulated. I do recall hearing that figure, though.

You can choose to believe what I said or not.
I feel for you and some of the things you have gone through. You are handling things well, went through that case well because of the good police work and documenting. I have just enough experience to see a very professional office. I solute you sir!

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm, you seem awfully defensive over a story YOU brought into the conversation. Are you trying to hide something?

Now you know how citizens feel when an officer is asking unnecessary questions and then says “we’re just having a conversation”. Umm, no, it’s not “just a conversation”. Why are you coming down on Corgi Rancher, he was telling of and unfortunate part of LE work.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel for you and some of the things you have gone through. You are handling things well, went through that case well because of the good police work and documenting. I have just enough experience to see a very professional office. I solute you sir!

I'll be honest. I couldn't do the job in the environment many officers are working under today. I left just before it started to get bad. I had it really good, too, in terms of where I worked and the things I got to do.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's fine, if the officer is 100% in the right. What if the officer is 100% wrong? Therein lies the rub. The citizen is told "ignorance of the law is no excuse". The LEO is told "you got the law wrong but no worries, you have QI so ignorance of the law IS an acceptable excuse". That is NOT acceptable! :(

LOL, no. There are far too many documented cases where LEO mistakes or bad faith acts are either swept under the rug, or minimized to a point no citizen would be afforded under equal circumstances. Yes there are individual agencies who hold their LEOs to high standards and yes, there are improvements being made across the board. That doesn't mean there isn't room for more improvement and as stated above, ignorance of the law by LEO's should not be an acceptable condition.

I don't quite understand this situation. How did you lose your Qualified Immunity? Why didn't your department or DA's office represent you? If the plaintiff's case was so flimsy, how did it survive all the way to a civil trial? Please elaborate.

You're new here so you haven't learned yet, but you need to cool your jets and control your emotions if you plan on being around for long. No one's gonna miss you if you catch a ban. ;)

Maybe you should tell your SIL she's getting fat while you're at it. ;)

(old thread joke btw) :) Should I tell my sister in law she's getting fat?

Yes, which is a double-edged sword. It protects officers from wrongful litigation payouts. It also insulates them from rightful litigation payouts. Instead, the taxpayers indemnify the wronged, while the bad actor either goes on to violate people's rights in the same agency, or hops around from agency to agency doing the same. Wash, rinse, repeat. We don't need to eliminate QI, but we do need to implement significant reforms to QI. What that might look like is up for debate, but the status quo continues to erode public faith in the profession.
Good to caution the new guy rather than just hand him more and more rope . . . though doin' it that way does take some of the entertainment out of it 🤔

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A typical response, for not having a response. Im not sure what my blabbering string of bs was, would you care to elaborate? Or perhaps it is just that you do not care for my opinions, and that is fine we can agree to disagree!
i know it ain't easy for some people and i guess even harder for you but ignore means he ain't seeing nothing you say and don't care. that's why he ignored you and the stupid bs you come up with. guess all that fancy west coast education ain't worth a dime but most of us knew that already

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alternative view points are very welcomed, can you offer some? Or will they be the same that you have been sticking with so far? I welcome a productive conversation.
Can we talk about the real point here, is it okay to disobey the oath of office that all officers swear to uphold? Is there ever a circumstance where this is okay? And if so why?
I leave those questions open for everyone to answer.
This should be a open discussion free of personal attacks, just cause feelers get involved! Let's talk like adults used too do.
" This should be a open discussion free of personal attacks, just cause feelers get involved! Let's talk like adults used too do. "

You do know that this is OSA, right? 😏

Latest posts

Top Bottom