Cows don't make the best lawn ornaments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were discussing cattle in yards a while back in here. Well, here's an update on that subject.

This is what I came home to Saturday afternoon. These pics are actually after I ran a few cows out of my yard. It's common to see 1 to 3 in the yard, but this time was a record. There was at LEAST 75 head total in the yard. They tore up the trees I just planted (apple & peach), broke the fence completely down in numerous spots, broke the telephone hub thingy out in the yard..etc.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, conversed with the owner today. He agree to take care of damages and really is a nice guy. However, this is an occurrence that happens ALL of the time. Not just with him and his cattle, with several different ones all around here.

As I mentioned in the other thread, a lot of the gates are left open on the pastures here to allow the cattle to migrate from place to place. Not only does this make for a lot of free lawn fertilizer, but it really makes it fun driving at night around here.......

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not trying to lay blame here, but i've heard from guys who have leased that CN ground up there that they have hell with the locals leaving gates open, cutting fences, etc. just sayin, might not always be all the owners fault.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However, this is an occurrence that happens ALL of the time. Not just with him and his cattle, with several different ones all around here.

This is gonna sound mean, but me and my 30-06 would claim a couple each year for the freezer. You might as well get something out of the deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom