Finally go One down,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well We went out to our company lease over the weekend in western OK. It was a good time. Hunted saturday morning and saw about 7 does (1 was bambi that I shot for camp meat) and one squirly buck that was running around throwing his chest up at me. But I decided to let him pass because I knew there were alot bigger buck in the area.

that evening the action had slowed down Until about 10 minutes before shooting light was gone. I started seeing quite a few does moving across open pasture in front of me. and then I seen a nice shooter about 700 yards away. I watched him in the fading light thinking there is no way he will get close enough in time. Well he was set to come in front of me at about 275 yards which I was thinking was going to be a long shot. well some does came out of the woodwork and he turned. he eventually got within 225yards of me but i couldn't get him in my scope because of a brush pile and bad light, I finally got him in my crosshairs with about 2 minutes of light left and he was by a patch of trees I had ranged at 430 yards,,I looked at my cheat sheat earlier in the day and new my drop and mill hold over at those tree's so I decided to try it. BOOM crosshairs settle and I have no idea where he is. And light has now gone. So I climb down and head that way, And to my surprise he was laying right where I shot him at.!!!!! it was 368 yards! that is my longest kill to date, plus I was in a wind shaken blind and low light so I chalked this one up to the good lord! here is a picture of him.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
the guy in the orange hat is my cousin. He got his the next morning at about 130 yards in the same stand. his was a really wide 8pt that broke his right G3 when he fell after he shot him.

all these were takin in Ellis county.

My Brother also got a really nice 11Pt with his left main beam broker right at the beggining of the crab claw. but the only picture I have of his is after it was caped out and I dont want to scare anyone. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom