Crackdown on welfare spending at strip clubs and liquor stores

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh, they'll just sell the card for cash and then use that at the strip club. Not that I'm condoning that, but the entire welfare system needs a complete tear down and reconstruction, not more speedbump laws like this.
I talked on here one time about when I use to buy food stamps. I was called the devil. lol

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
In that link:
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been at convenient stores and stood behind someone using their welfare card to buy cigarettes and alcohol.

I'm not sure, but I think those purchases are forbidden with the card, aren't they? I don't know if the register pops up a warning, or it gets declined or anything. If it's up to the clerk to "police" the purchases, then it's pretty easy to just input a price manually, so there is an easy way around it, but that oughtta be a crime, IMNSHO.

I agree, the whole system is borked and needs overhauled.

I've advocated for many years that anyone on unemployment and/or welfare ought to be required to submit copies of applications filled out and turned in (and signatures by the business owners with ph numbers for verification), as well as be required to give a set amount of time per week to the city/state/fed or whatever in return for their benefits. Mowing, washing police cars, cleaning .gov buildings, I'm sure there are MANY MANY MANY backlogged projects that could use a little manual labor or just someone to help sort old paperwork, etc. Some are office jobs, some are outdoor jobs, etc. I'm not even talking 40 hours a week... I"m thinking something like 12-18 hours per week. That alone would make a bunch of people get out and get jobs.

It's not slavery. It's a job. If you want welfare benefits, then you work for them. It's a voluntary program, no one is making you sign up for it. You say you can't find work, well... we can find you some work in exchange for your benefits. :D

And yes.... drug test 'em. I got no sympathy for someone on .gov benefits who tests positive for an illegal substance.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can fix welfare for us.

1.Keep giving the benefits.
2.Offer free labor to businesses and government establishments (schools, ect.)
3.Make welfare recipients work X number of hours a week for their benefits.
4.Lazy ones will not apply.
5.Some will realize they can get paid better with a real job.

It's like community service, but instead of working off jail time, they are working off welfare money.
The community will be litter-free, the parks will be mowed and trimmed, ect.

I dont understand why some form of this has not been initiated. For those on welfare, their biggest roadblocks to finding work is cost of daycare and cost of transportation. So why not take some people on welfare and train them to be daycare workers and drivers. Then they could be working providing a service to other welfare recipients instead of just sitting around in bingo halls. It sounds so simple to me.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welfare needs to be structured in such a way that it is actually a "had up" instead of a hand out. Right now the system actually works to penalize those folks who are trying to better themselves.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welfare needs to be structured in such a way that it is actually a "had up" instead of a hand out. Right now the system actually works to penalize those folks who are trying to better themselves.
I agree. It works best for those who want to abuse it. I don't think the politicians want to help people. I think they want more Government dependent people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom