credit card charges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It baffles me that the government would be legislating that a business can't recover a fee imposed by a cc company. Oh wait, it doesn't baffle me. This is typical of our current legislation.

I don't pass on any fees to my customers but in a way it is really the cash customer that is being discriminated against. I should raise my prices 3% and give cash back to my cash customers. It's not feasible for me to really do that but I understand why some small businesses need to recover their 3% and try to motivate their customers to use cash. I know that I always take cash to the DMV because I don't want to pay the fee. I pay cash whenever I can at small mom and pop stores because I know they can't negotiate the cc fees that large corporations can and 3% can be a big deal to a small business. I also stopped using AMEX because they charge retailers, including me, almost 1% higher than Visa, MC and Discover.

In the end, we have legislation encouraging credit card debt and discouraging the use of good ole cash and a "don't spend what you don't have mentality." I wonder if the cc companies have any lobbyist who may have potentially influenced this legislation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom