Credit card "tax"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As we travel across this great country of ours, Oklahoma is one of the last states to incorporate the CC surcharge. Other states have been doing it for years.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same. Sellers get hit with fees for any card. Debit are usually slightly less but it all averages out to @ 3%.
When I worked in higher ed, we had credit cards that we could use for some types of purchases. I told one of my regular vendors that I had the card and could use it for the stuff we frequently bought from him, and he said he actually preferred Net30 terms, as our cards were classified as gov't cards, which were deemed high-risk and carried a 6% transaction fee instead of the usual 3%.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Digital currency will be much more convenient and should solve many of these problems.
I doubt that. When we were using gold, silver, and copper as money, and started printing 'certificates', the certificates were at least backed up with silver and gold. But then along came counterfeiting.

Next we stopped using gold, silver, and copper (and other metals) as money all together and adopted "Federal Reserve Notes" as money, no longer supported by precious metals. Enter inflation, "quantitative easing", and more counterfeiting.

Digital currency is the least secure thing I believe we could use. Look how easy it is to hack someone's bank accounts, etc.

Anyone with a little larceny and a computer at their disposal would have no compunction against conjuring up a magical benefactor enriching themselves from some anonymous source.

No to all of that. If you want stability and a measure of security, go back to gold and silver as the only medium of exchange. That way, if someone wants your wealth, they'll have to face you with a gun and risk you being a better shot and more determined to keep what you have earned than they are of risking life and limb to try and steal yours. There wouldn't be someone bent over a keyboard stealing you blind, out of range, and even worse, doing it anonymously.

Get rid of the Federal Reserve. Congress is supposed to be the entity that sets the value of our money, not some private bank.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom