Credit Unions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just gettin off work, thanks to everyone and looks like tinker should be the winner.
if I was in OKC I would be in, but with them only having 1 location in downtown tulsa would be a deal
breaker. But it sounds like being in a credit union should benefit me more than a bank

Check out Western Sun (the old Sun/Sunoco credit union) and Red Crown.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Allegience Credit Union.

Used to be Federal Employees Credit Union, they were in the Murrah building. I've been with them for probably 35+ years. My mom was a Federal Employee, and I've had an account with them since I was in Jr High. They are my main financial institution, but I've also got a couple of accounts with 2 different banks in the town I live in. I like having local access, and besides I drink beer and play golf with both of the VP's. Can't bank with one not the other.

Incredible how nice everyone that works at Allegience is, but I'm never in there anymore.

You can use a Credit Union Service Center, which are everywhere, to do whatever banking you need to do in person, like depositing live checks, except for loans. You gotta go to a branch for a loan, but they have several.

Not sure what they got going on in Tulsa.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was with the Navy CU in the 60s when I was in. They were far and above the rates I got at TCFU. While CUs are supposed to be non profit I think, TCFU sure preferred to build new facilities rather than offer Federal employees better rates. After I retired I looked around for the best rates on CDs and joined Pentagon Federal CU. They beat Tinker, the local banks and everyone of the majors. If you qualify you should check them out.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this the one in the Post Office building?

Unless something has changed I don't believe there is a credit union located in the post office building. Now there used to be a district court on the upper floor but I don't know if it is still located there or not.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has has been awhile since I was in there. But I do not believe they moved. I believe it was Ada Federal Empoyees CU. Seems like it was on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom