Credit union recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been with TFCU for about 30 years, and they're hit and miss. They might as well be a bank, IMHO, because there are times that they really act like one. I've been dealing with Communication FCU lately, as they hold the note on my late mom's car, and I'm not sure I'd recommend them, either. I don't plan on doing any more business with them after Mom's estate is closed out, I'll say that much.

About the only banking entity I'd recommend is OUFCU, but I don't know if you can join if you're not affiliated with OU, and I don't think they have any branches outside Norman. Oklahoma AgCredit also did well by my folks, but I don't know if they have banking services beyond ag loan servicing.

So far, Old Glory Bank has been good for me. They don't have much in the way of branches (I think their physical location is in Enid or El Reno), but that hasn't been of any concern for me.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been with TFCU for a number of years, are they great? No but they are passable, was going to the OU/TX game one year and stopped in Ardmore for a break went into Burger King and card was denied. I was pissed, got back to OKC and called them and was told I didn't tell them I was going out of town! Tried True Sky and they really suck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom