Critics rip Biden proclamation that Easter Sunday is ‘Transgender Day of Visibility’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel that anyone that supports this Trans crap needs a mental health referral and not a pat on the back to cheer them on. For example you don't see people cheering cancer patients on for not getting treatment to cure it. Smh
People can imagine themselves to be water buffaloes if they want and it makes them happy, just don't ask me to imagine along, because I'm not into it.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ate Easter dinner with my family Sunday. Quite a religious group they are. Missing from the gathering were my two sons, and my niece. Interestingly those three have been prayed for extensively and were brought up in church. One's an addict, one's dead, the other chooses to stay to himself for the most part and avoid such gatherings. (he's a good kid)

All the sincere requests to the Lord and Savior resulted in exactly the same requests being made to Santa Claus. (Oh how I wish I'd used logic more and superstition less)

The ultra-religious family of Baptists had a family friend there (current ORU student) who was commenting on the odd practices of other religions. She didn't know me or my views. Asked me if I was familiar with any of these cults..."yes, I was in one myself, I replied. I was a Baptist for 40 years or so, but I grew out of it".

Mom was sitting next to her, not pleased lol.

The ham was good.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no issue with many hypocrites, they may themselves be trying to reach an ideal that is hard to reach, and continually strive to reach it. The hypocrites I have issue with are those that try to impose their ideal on to me and can do it by force, and expect me to live up to it while giving themselves a pass.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You must be so proud.....
No, I'm really not.

I actually feel pretty foolish for not seeing things from a logical perspective sooner than I did.
Being in church from an infant on up imparts doctrine into the developing brain and really makes it hard to shake some of those beliefs.

That's why every single cult wants to get the children as early as possible. Their ideas won't stand the logical scrutiny of a reasoned adult, and makes them hard to recruit and control.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People can identify as Christian all they want. It doesn’t make them Christian in my opinion. And some of those identifying as Christian absolutely need a proper mental health referral.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if Christianity is silly to you, what is your impression of Christians who actually believe all the sillyness? Fools, ignorant?
What is your impression of an adult who believes in Santa Claus ? Same impression as the Christian, or different?

I know this isn’t directed at me but I’ll chime in. I have a similar story to @TedKennedy in that I grew up deeply Christian and even aspired to be a pastor at one point.

Fast forward to the present and I’ve also outgrown it. I won’t go into the whole story but I just personally feel that religion itself is silly. Once we are done, the only place we live on in is the memories of our loved ones and what we did to impact them. I don’t necessarily disbelieve that there is a higher being but the one we are discussing just doesn’t add up for me.

As far as my feelings for those that believe? Well I attend church every weekend with my family and support them in their religious pursuits. My 14 year old was even baptized recently and I was there clapping for her. Once the kids are older, I’ll gladly provide my thoughts but for now I just support them
By being there. To sum it up, I just live and let live when it comes to religion. It’s not for me. The lifestyle and principals are great and I try to apply them to my life…..just doing it because that’s just what a good person does.

snubinmypocket

Marksman
Reaction score
You believe and practice what you want. Having that faith and certainty is admirable, doesn’t matter what/who you believe in. It’s silly to hold others to your same beliefs whether they follow them or not. You would think I’m a fool for not following your beliefs and that’s fine. I also don’t follow Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, Greek Gods, Roman Gods, Pagan Gods, Native beliefs… but if you believe and follow the teachings then that’s well and good. Santa Claus though… I’m a big fan of Krampus. At least he doesn’t eat my cookies. Not sure there are any religious beliefs following either of them around though. I guess if you believe in fairies and fae they might be under that umbrella.
What do you believe in besides your own superiority?

snubinmypocket

Marksman
Reaction score
I ate Easter dinner with my family Sunday. Quite a religious group they are. Missing from the gathering were my two sons, and my niece. Interestingly those three have been prayed for extensively and were brought up in church. One's an addict, one's dead, the other chooses to stay to himself for the most part and avoid such gatherings. (he's a good kid)

All the sincere requests to the Lord and Savior resulted in exactly the same requests being made to Santa Claus. (Oh how I wish I'd used logic more and superstition less)

The ultra-religious family of Baptists had a family friend there (current ORU student) who was commenting on the odd practices of other religions. She didn't know me or my views. Asked me if I was familiar with any of these cults..."yes, I was in one myself, I replied. I was a Baptist for 40 years or so, but I grew out of it".

The ham was good.
So God not answering your prayers on your timeline caused you to stop believing? Do you still believe in the eternity of heaven and hell?

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The ham was good.
I am thankful that our lord and savior Jesus Christ made it ok to eat ham, bacon and other pork products... Not to mention shellfish.

"Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.” - Matt 5:11

Latest posts

Top Bottom