Crossbreed style holster made by Iwant1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Iwant1 a fellow member has started making custom holsters and this is the review of the one he made for me.

I have just purchased my first 1911. It’s a Kimber Eclipse Pro II. I had been carrying it SOB but my roommate Wormydog had just got a crossbreed holster in and I decided I need to get one. So, I ordered one and not a day later Iwant1, a fellow member pm’d me and told me about the holsters he makes. I decided to give it a shot and this is my review of the holster Bryan made for me.

Background: I wanted to get a crossbreed, but a fellow member showed me the crossbreed style holsters he makes so I ordered one from him.

First Glance:
Very similar to the crossbreed or MTAC. C clips made of kydex, maybe a 20 degree cant. Thin leather. Screws instead of rivets. The backs of the screws are very flat and smooth. Overall, 9/10

Holster quality: This, only time will tell. Right now the holster is of EXCELLENT quality. It might be rough around the edges, but for a guy just making them in his garage they are great. At first, I worried that the leather would be too thin, but this is not so. It is flexible, but still holds my 1911 in place. Wormydog has the horse hide upgrade on his crossbreed and it is very stiff, but smooth. I think for a big guy like me (6’0” 260lb) this thinner cow hide is best, but my brother owns a leather shop, so I might try some different leathers for the heck of it. Overall, 8.5/10

Firearm fit: Very good! When in my pants, it takes a firm pull to remove my 1911. It’s not hard, but firm. You could probably hang me from my ankles and it would not fall out. When not in my pants, the firearm is loose, but in my case, I think it should be. With the holster in my pants, my pants are fairly snug, so there is a bit of pressure on the firearm. Like I said previously, this creates a good retention. Overall 9.5/10

Customer service: Great! Bryan was a great guy to talk to, and said if there was anything that I needed changed on the holster, and he would do it for me. He stands behind his product and was enjoyable to shoot the sh#t with. 10/10
Overall Impressions: This is a quality product. It is a bit “rough around the edges”, but is VERY functional and comfortable to wear. 9.5/10

Value: For the price of the holster, you CANNOT GO WRONG. Bryan charged $50 for the holster and it worth every penny. 10/10

PROS:
Great fit
Great value
can replace the leather when it gets worn out.
Great guy to deal with
Easy draw/reholster
CONS:
I wish the c-clips were just a bit flatter, other than that, none!

OVERALL RATING:

9.5/10 If you are looking for a holster like this, try Iwant1 first. Great holster!

ai921.photobucket.com_albums_ad56_257wby1911_IMG_0397.jpg

ai921.photobucket.com_albums_ad56_257wby1911_IMG_0392.jpg

ai921.photobucket.com_albums_ad56_257wby1911_IMG_0399.jpg

ai921.photobucket.com_albums_ad56_257wby1911_IMG_0398.jpg

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rough around the edges never bothers me it's functionality, practicality, pricing, dependablity, and comfort. Not necessarily in that order. It looks like a winner to me for $50.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice review. The holster looks very functional which is what a holster should be. You can heat up the kydex and make the fit a little snugger around the trigger guard if needed.

You need to work on your rating system :) Something original like 9.5 reloads, or 9.5 belt loops, 9.5 double taps or 9.5 (?) you get the idea.

Good job........

BC

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, I ordered one and not a day later Iwant1, a fellow member pm’d me and told me about the holsters he makes. I decided to give it a shot and this is my review of the holster Bryan made for me.

Did Iwant1 solicited you without you having contact him first?

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wearing the holster Iwant1 made for me several months ago and it is still working fine. the most comfortable one I have. As said before, the product he makes is great, the price makes it even better, and he is a really nice guy. I will be having him make my next holster for me too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom