What to do with this obsolete holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guns are out there. The holster has some value.

I would not cut, alter, destroy that holster. Use it as is, sell or give away; your choice. Safariland quality and name deserve more respect than being butchered.
ebay it, it will sell and likely in the worth messing with money

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree. Don't cut off the strap. Find someone who can use it. I've got an Askins Avenger for the 1911here that someone cut the strap off. In a perfect universe, I'd have the time to disassemble it and do the repair it needs for me to use it. If I live a thousand years, that might happen. I once had the skills to do it, but that was about 50 years ago.

Anyone have an Askins Avenger they want to let go cheap? With the thumb strap?
Wasn't @Pstmstr getting into leatherwork? You might want to see if he can fix it.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd really like to have a Charter .44 SP Bulldog myself. ------------------ I've got much bigger and stronger hands, and about 10-12 rounds is all I can manage with it.

I know you're talking about your wife's .38,,,
But 2-3 cylinders of .44 is all I want.

Even with low-recoil cowboy action loads,,,
That pistol is brutal on your hands.

It's definitely not a recreational shooter.

Aarond

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you're talking about your wife's .38,,,
But 2-3 cylinders of .44 is all I want.

Even with low-recoil cowboy action loads,,,
That pistol is brutal on your hands.

It's definitely not a recreational shooter.

Aarond

I used to be recoil-insensitive. Used to be. But steel would have to be a little bit better than that alloy frame. Also have a Smith 66-1, in .357mag and it's not nearly as bad as her little pistol. Only fired moderate 38sp handloads with 158gr cast boolits in her piece. I have an ammo can of them my brother gave me. And both factory & handloads in .357mag. And a 4" Security Six... Only the alloy frame Charter is that hard to handle.

I'd at least like to try one again, on the Bulldog. That's another of many weapons I should have never let go. Too bad there's no kicking yourself in the *** emoji. :crying:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1701361948734.png

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guns are out there. The holster has some value.

I would not cut, alter, destroy that holster. Use it as is, sell or give away; your choice. Safariland quality and name deserve more respect than being butchered.

40 or 50 bucks? And one he got for a song in a bundle box? ----

Cut away and be happy - make it work

Latest posts

Top Bottom