Crush Washer ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootum

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Help me understand what it is that these washer do / how do they work. I was working on my AR and changing out the flash hider, it seems I may be missing the concept of how to use these because my flash hider is not wanting to line up. I put the ky aide us on this but was concerned I was going to cause thread damage. Back in the day I always used Peel Washers.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My understanding is that a crush washer is usable only once and this is what I have experianced. When ya' go to but the break back on it doesn't want to index, kinda' sprung in a way. I've used a peel washer in combination w/crush washer with good results. I've ,also, used just peel washers.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crush washers are to only be used once. They can also affect accuracy so I always use peel washers instead if I can. I cannot think of any reason someone would need to combine the two?

Shootum

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My understanding is that a crush washer is usable only once and this is what I have experianced. When ya' go to but the break back on it doesn't want to index, kinda' sprung in a way. I've used a peel washer in combination w/crush washer with good results. I've ,also, used just peel washers.

That makes sense, thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom