Change AR handguard. Help recieved!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like the gas block is just allen screws.

20231130_104719.jpg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to @dlbleak I got it changed out. He was nice enough to stop by with a wrench and vise block. With doing the work myself, and his supervision, had it changed and reassembled in 15 mins.

Now it looks better, and more importantly, feels soooooo much better in the hands.

Thank you all for the votes of confidence and offers to lend the tools. As was stated, it seems intimidating, but once you get into it, it's really not that hard. (With the right tools.)

IMG_20231130_144129.jpg

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to @dlbleak I got it changed out. He was nice enough to stop by with a wrench and vise block. With doing the work myself, and his supervision, had it changed and reassembled in 15 mins.

Now it looks better, and more importantly, feels soooooo much better in the hands.

Thank you all for the votes of confidence and offers to lend the tools. As was stated, it seems intimidating, but once you get into it, it's really not that hard. (With the right tools.)

View attachment 433030
And as a bonus, I got to peruse some of the gill gun collection!

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The hardest part for me working on an ar so far is trying to remove a used crush washer and installing the front take-down pin, but I've got limited experience myself. The right tools make all the difference!
Cool beans!

Latest posts

Top Bottom