Ctd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayhawkclint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
jayhawkclint, you said they were not supporters of the 2nd Ammendment. 2 people have asked you when exactly they did not support the 2nd ammendment. You have chosen not to answer. Why? maybe because that statement is not true?

...Or it could just be because I took my wife to dinner...

I'm saying this whole 2a bit on their face book page is a thinly veiled PR ploy. These guys act like they care about gun owners, I'm here to say first hand they don't. Back in Dec they canceled my order, then a day later I see the same products relisted, albeit at higher prices. They cited some kind of computer overload as the reason. It doesn't hold water with me. This isn't a supply-demand free-market issue to me, it's a customer service issue. I apparently am not the only one who they screwed over judging by the numerous postings I see being made about similar treatment. As far as I'm concerned, any company so willing to screw over that many gun owners obviously can't possibly give a sheet about gun owner's rights.

Good luck with your order, my money is staying local.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jayhawkclint, you said they were not supporters of the 2nd Ammendment. 2 people have asked you when exactly they did not support the 2nd ammendment. You have chosen not to answer. Why? maybe because that statement is not true? Just because their prices have gone up doese not mean they do not support the 2nd Ammendment. It just means they want to make money on unsjuspecting shooters.

Maybe in the panic after newtown they suspended all firearm sales along with dicks suspending rifle sales.

That is not supporting the 2A!

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont really like CTD. They are expensive on many things. Sometimes I get a deal, but it is usually the other way around. Regardless, their business decision to raise prices is obviously working....people are buying or they would lower their prices back to pre-panic.

It is hard to imagine a business that depends on the 2A to stay in business would be anti 2A. Thats akin to being anti oxygen.

Not sure if you guys know this, but many CTD stores are independently owned. The on-line and brick and mortar are not the same owners.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Many people who support the 2nd Amendment and do not sell firearms. Selling firearms at one price or another does not determine support of the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd amendment support is about a fundamental right to own weapons. When has Cheaper Than Dirt said they do not support you right to own weapons? They do not mind you owning them... in fact they want you to own weapons. They just expect you to pay more for ownership. They obviously support the 2nd ammendment or they would not sell you the product... for they are a legal business. If you choose not to buy that product that is alright. No one says you must buy their product. Support is not about selling or not selling. I'm sure they support the goals of the NRA and other people who support the 2nd amendment. If they didn't they would want you not to buy any products having to do with firearms.

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IN THE GRAND scheme, I think I have figured something out. The many prices on their website is from independant drop shippers only like wharehouse a-c is actually a cheaper than dirt item in stock by CTD. The rest are independants that pay a fee to CTD for their "name recognition and high traffic website" So when you see PMAGS at $90 its not actually CTD its a drop shipper that jacked up their price.

Now then- The 22lr I ordered, did not get, they charged me for it and sat on it for 2 weeks-canceled the backorder then the next HOUR the 22lr was back in stock at a 300% markup with a 1 digit different "item number" That is the root of the problem PISS POOR customer service, POOR shipping practices, POOR policies with their drop shippers having free reign over everything instead of "if we post your item its our price". THe multi-wharehouse deal where you end up paying $20 extra dollars to save $6 or spend hours comparing prices of the same item but from different wharehouses etc. is annoying and a very very very poor practice. Thankfully Midway, Aim, Natchezz etc. have tried their best to keep up supply/meet demand and retained the "not to big for their britches" approach. I think CTD has become the wal-mart of online gun suppliers and as such have lost my respect and ultimately my business.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I got screwed around by Oklahoma Joe's BBQ, I handed my $50 gift card to the manager arguing with me and told him to tell Joe to shove it up his a$$ because I had no use for it, as I would no longer spend my money at his establishment. Mail it back to them and voice your displeasure.

And if that is all that's done they'll love you. They've already got the $50. They get to keep it and never ever have to redeem it.

Not much one can do with a gift card as an expression of disatisfaction. Keeping it and not using it is probably the best thing you could do. They've got to keep the liability on their books. Then again $50 isn't much. A little clever accounting and they've still got the $50 and can make the liability go away.

Then again - buy $50 worth of BBQ and accidentally trip and spill it everywhere on the way out! OOOPS!

cowboyhaiokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't like their prices, don't buy from them. Any outrage you're feeling is hurting you more than it hurts them, believe me.

I occasionally find deals at CTD - in fact, I scored 6 bricks of .22 high velocity at $20 a brick just 3 weeks ago. Now they want to sell me Eley at $90 a brick. I don't get all upset or insulted, I just decline to purchase it.

It's a free market. Boycott if you want - you'll be one less person I have to compete against when the cheap .22 comes back.

Well said!

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ANd now they have jumped on the "boycott state/federal" sales bandwagon. I dont know how much that means though since, I know for a fact that they are not an approved GSA/CSA merchaant anyway and have not been for some time. I could not even order something we required for a field training mission from them when we had to go out in 2 weeks and they were the only ones that could get it to us in time and had the best price. We ended up movign the exercise out a week and using an approved merchant at twice the price.

Im not going to lie- when i need something and they are the only ones that have it AND its below gouge pricing I may purchase from them in the future but I will feel dirty. Like buying from the great wal-mart of china.

Latest posts

Top Bottom