Cz 16” 457 mtr fitting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need a lot more LoP and a higher comb for a decent cheek weld. I managed to shoot some decent groups while moving my head all around trying to get a good sight picture. I have an area 419 15 moa scope base, .85 low rings, and a bushnell match pro mounted as far forward as I can get it.

I‘m looking at the krg bravo, Boyd’s at one stock, any other stocks/chassis you would recommend looking at? I don’t have a bipod or anything like that yet…

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you wanna keep the stock minty or do you mind messing with it? You could always grab some of that ratgrip material from @JEVapa and use it to play around with a cheek riser or figure out what kinda height you need.

I initially tried to use a A419 mount for my MTR, it was just too high. Went with a low profile BScar Mount, but I can’t seem to find the website anymore. But that combined with the right low rings and a 30mm scope I can get an ok high cheek weld.

I’ve heard complaints of the at-one stocks feeling cheap, but I haven’t put my hands on one.

I considered a KRG for a bit, but I like the wood look on this rifle.

Manners makes an option if you have the cash to burn.

Have you considered just getting your existing stock modified? A skeletonized aluminum LOP spacer and a adjustable cheek riser anodized/ceracoated to match the rest of the rifle would be pretty sick.
Like this: Atlasworxs – Adjustable Cheek / Comb Riser – Atlasworxs

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I greatly enjoyed the one at-one stock I owned, but it was on a savage. I have an oversized bolt handle on my 455 and it required a scope way higher than I wanted, so I ended up going to a different scope and mount to get it perfect. There's a FB group specifically for CZ Rimfires now that you could delve into if you were on there, lots of cool builds and ideas. My 455 was the factory "tacticool" model and I'm really happy with that stock
PXL_20230517_235457361.MP.jpg

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you wanna keep the stock minty or do you mind messing with it? You could always grab some of that ratgrip material from @JEVapa and use it to play around with a cheek riser or figure out what kinda height you need.

I initially tried to use a A419 mount for my MTR, it was just too high. Went with a low profile BScar Mount, but I can’t seem to find the website anymore. But that combined with the right low rings and a 30mm scope I can get an ok high cheek weld.

I’ve heard complaints of the at-one stocks feeling cheap, but I haven’t put my hands on one.

I considered a KRG for a bit, but I like the wood look on this rifle.

Manners makes an option if you have the cash to burn.

Have you considered just getting your existing stock modified? A skeletonized aluminum LOP spacer and a adjustable cheek riser anodized/ceracoated to match the rest of the rifle would be pretty sick.
Like this: Atlasworxs – Adjustable Cheek / Comb Riser – Atlasworxs
Yep. I bought your 419 mount.

I love the wood stock. It just doesn’t come close to fitting me. Id have to find someone that could modify the stock correctly. Probably cheaper to just put it in something else.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. I bought your 419 mount.

I love the wood stock. It just doesn’t come close to fitting me. Id have to find someone that could modify the stock correctly. Probably cheaper to just put it in something else.
Oh yeah I did. I saw a name or two on the hide a while back, but I cannot find it again. I’ll do some looking.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@El Pablo you should have grabbed my 455 and adjusted the AT-1 around to see if it fit you better. I’m thinking that raising the comb would reduce the amount of LOP you might need. Not by much but possible? Just thinking out loud

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@El Pablo you should have grabbed my 455 and adjusted the AT-1 around to see if it fit you better. I’m thinking that raising the comb would reduce the amount of LOP you might need. Not by much but possible? Just thinking out loud
My 37 in sleeve length may disagree.

Measuring a bent trigger finger to inside of a 90 degree bent elbow is 15 inches. I ordered a krg bravo and spacers.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need a lot more LoP and a higher comb for a decent cheek weld. I managed to shoot some decent groups while moving my head all around trying to get a good sight picture. I have an area 419 15 moa scope base, .85 low rings, and a bushnell match pro mounted as far forward as I can get it.

I‘m looking at the krg bravo, Boyd’s at one stock, any other stocks/chassis you would recommend looking at? I don’t have a bipod or anything like that yet…
I have a friend who is a Gunsmith and machinist. He has done my shotguns with Adjustable combs and LOP! I also had my CZ 457 with Adjustable comb. There is a guy in Florida Godagrip.com and has a sticky pad you can layer up to the height you need. I tried it on my CZ but after some time the GOD A Grip started to peel since I had so many layers. He suggest a drop of Super glue. Well, all and good but you have to be very careful when installing and make sure you can get your bolt out. After much consideration I had Bill (the gunsmith) make mine adjustable) vertical and horizontal. He also has a patent on recoil and can make the LOP as well. I still have the GODAGRIP on my .22 CZ but changed my .17 HMR to adjustable since I shoot it more. Let me know if your interested and I can hook you up,

Attachments

• IMG_8306.jpg
    IMG_8306.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8307.jpg
    IMG_8307.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8308.jpg
    IMG_8308.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8303.jpg
    IMG_8303.jpg