Cz discontinuing model

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Doe

Marksman
Reaction score
Thought I’d bump this. I bought a TS2, put 200 Rds down range, and loved it. I sent the slide off to have it machined for my new optic, and the USPS lost it.

Then everything went to hell. CZ has no way to replace a slide for any of their hammer-fired pistols. So, I lost my slide, and the only solution is to either buy a whole new pistol, or buy a custom slide from CZ-custom, which will cost just a bit less than a whole new pistol.

At the same time, I have a Dan Wesson Valor in 9mm that needs new night sights. CZ told me flat out that that was also an irreplaceable item.

If anyone wants to sell me a TS2 slide, or maybe buy a TS2 frame, let me know. I bring all this up to warn everyone. CZ has this fantasy that the USPS would replace an entire firearm when they just lost a single piece. CZ has effectively discontinued a whole slew of guns since critical parts don’t exist for them. If you have one of these pistols and need to send it off for anything, I’d recommend sending the whole pistol and insuring for the whole value, since at least then there’s a chance you can replace it without being out a pile of money.

All of their competition guns can otherwise only be milled for optics locally. Which, for many people will make them not worthy as competition guns at all.

So, fair warning.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I’d bump this. I bought a TS2, put 200 Rds down range, and loved it. I sent the slide off to have it machined for my new optic, and the USPS lost it.

Then everything went to hell. CZ has no way to replace a slide for any of their hammer-fired pistols. So, I lost my slide, and the only solution is to either buy a whole new pistol, or buy a custom slide from CZ-custom, which will cost just a bit less than a whole new pistol.

At the same time, I have a Dan Wesson Valor in 9mm that needs new night sights. CZ told me flat out that that was also an irreplaceable item.

If anyone wants to sell me a TS2 slide, or maybe buy a TS2 frame, let me know. I bring all this up to warn everyone. CZ has this fantasy that the USPS would replace an entire firearm when they just lost a single piece. CZ has effectively discontinued a whole slew of guns since critical parts don’t exist for them. If you have one of these pistols and need to send it off for anything, I’d recommend sending the whole pistol and insuring for the whole value, since at least then there’s a chance you can replace it without being out a pile of money.

All of their competition guns can otherwise only be milled for optics locally. Which, for many people will make them not worthy as competition guns at all.

So, fair warning.
Great advice … and sorry you have to go through this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom