CZ P-01 owners sound off...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a CZ 40P and wouldn't trade for it. I thonk that's the P-01 frame and a different slide. That slide is now used on their 40B frame that isn't as ergo.

It doesn't like blazer aluminum cases or real, real flat nose bullets.

Jpt

I've never seen a CZ of any kind malfunction on specific ammo - you might want to send that one back to KS and let them take a look.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen a CZ of any kind malfunction on specific ammo - you might want to send that one back to KS and let them take a look.

As you can see, the very next post before yours confirmed my experience. There's nothing wrong with my P-01, it's a good gun. Eats all brass US 9mm, Sellier & Bellot, what have you. I have never tried it with the Wolf steel case stuff, but I imagine that would cause problems b/c of the case. CZs do badly with non-brass ammo. There are exceptions, but that's what they are.

We had another thread on this point on another firearms forum and something like eight different users came out in a short period to agree that their CZs don't like aluminum case ammo (Blazer) but are otherwise 100%.

It's the design. Tight chambers.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never tried aluminum but I've heard the same thing, that they don't like it.

I shoot S&B steel case out of my CZ all the time. In fact I think my CZ's test cartridge that was sent with the gun was S&B steel case and not brass. Wolf is about the same price as better stuff most of the time so I never buy it, I'd probably spend a little extra to buy something else actually. I bought a bit of that 124gr S&B "range safe" steel case back when it was $160-170 a case, I can tell you that mine likes 124gr over 115gr but it will shoot 115gr WWB/Blazer Brass perfectly fine.

I don't think Wolf is very good ammo, I don't even like buying it for my AKs... I get something else instead.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As you can see, the very next post before yours confirmed my experience. There's nothing wrong with my P-01, it's a good gun. Eats all brass US 9mm, Sellier & Bellot, what have you. I have never tried it with the Wolf steel case stuff, but I imagine that would cause problems b/c of the case. CZs do badly with non-brass ammo. There are exceptions, but that's what they are.

We had another thread on this point on another firearms forum and something like eight different users came out in a short period to agree that their CZs don't like aluminum case ammo (Blazer) but are otherwise 100%.

It's the design. Tight chambers.

I've never had a single problem with Blazer Aluminum in mine, but more importantly, I can't imagine where really flat-nosed rounds would have a problem (I presume chambering correctly due to the feed-ramp?).

Mine is a 9mm though - I've not had experience with .40 cal CZs at all (to me its kind of like having a .40 cal Browning Hi Power - just sort of not right).

Latest posts

Top Bottom