Does anyone actually enjoy shooting semi-auto “mouse guns”?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one is kinda fun.
85D93B7B-2808-4E7F-B7A1-F25CC9EF8BED.jpeg

Duckhunter39480

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Ruger LCR/LCRx are fun little guns. I have these in 22 mag and 327 Federal. The 327 Federal is a real handgun and the cartridge is powerful enough for the two legged varmits one might encounter. I'm not sure if these qualify as "mouse guns".

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
never fired a bobcat/tomcat but i imagine they are around the pinnacle of mouse guns. for the ones i've shot, if i was just going to rank them real quick without much thought in terms of "enjoyable" to shoot i'd go:

j frame > seacamp > lcp max > beretta pico > bodyguard > uuuuuh i'm sure there's a few i'm forgetting like random derringers or whatever

not to say the bodyguard is a bad choice, in fact i carry it more often than really any of the others, but there's no doubt an all metal mouse gun is by far more enjoyable. and the pico is really underrated imo, it's THIN has good sights for a mouse gun (the lcp max is way better about this than the og version which....i don't think have rear sights. i mean not really like you'd need 'em, but whatev).

and, if we're comparing them to the like the next step up, say a subcompact in 9mm, then i actually prefer shooting mouse guns, and definitely prefer carrying one. only until you get into the compact sizes like a ppk, cz pcr, etc etc that i think the extra size is worth it. subcompact 9mms are still imo substantially bigger than mouse guns, and JUST as unpleasant or worse.

Last edited:

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
its quite a bit of a step up from a "mousegun" but i have very much enjoyed every day carry and shooting the glock model 26/27's isnt anywhere as bad as it was when i had the lcp2.
that being said, i absolutely love the beretta 92fs model. its disappointing that its such a heavy large pistol because other than it not being practical for carry because of these reasons, its everything id dream of and desire in a pistol. i feel more confident and comfortable handling one of those than any other pistol.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
its quite a bit of a step up from a "mousegun" but i have very much enjoyed every day carry and shooting the glock model 26/27's isnt anywhere as bad as it was when i had the lcp2.
that being said, i absolutely love the beretta 92fs model. its disappointing that its such a heavy large pistol because other than it not being practical for carry because of these reasons, its everything id dream of and desire in a pistol. i feel more confident and comfortable handling one of those than any other pistol.
sounds you like a need a tomcat or a bobcat then!

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/beretta-92fs-vs-beretta-3032-tomcat
https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/beretta-92fs-vs-beretta-21a-bobcat

Latest posts

Top Bottom