cz vs browning hi power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I concur w/ Tony from Durning Defense...i prefer the CZ 75 in SAO (single actin only) for the quality of the trigger.
I've owned a pre-B 75, a more current 75B, an 85, a 2075 as well as mark II, mark III, FN models & a .40 cal BHP's so I speak from experience when I say that the BHP is a great (not to mention sexy) gun, but it loses when going head to head w/ a CZ 75. Why???
1) Magazine disconnector
2) Hammer-bite
3) Only decocking option is the very rare SFS model unless you go aftermarket. You have the option of carrying cocked & locked or decocking w/ the traditional 75.
4) No factory models with reduced grip and/or barrel length AKA compact options.
5) Factory magazine capacity 13 vs' 15 or 18 in newer models.
6) COST!

I did open by saying that I prefer the SAO b/c the trigger is much much better but that's my preference. Both guns are extremely accurate, more accurate than I am by far. The CZ is also easier to clean b/c of the rather non traditional slide to frame rail configuration. Both have similar limitations when it comes to holster choice so that point is a wash in my view. The 2 things going for the BHP are parts & magazine availability as well as a lightweight option. But lightweight w/ a disconnected mag safety means nothing except lots of liability if you carry it. Beyond that, CZ 75 is a clear winner for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom