Dad wants a "rail" on his Browning .22 rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Again, I appreciate the suggestion (I have a Marlin 60 myself) but he's a Lefty. Both of those guns would kick brass in his face.

The link below is the model he has, notice that the brass is ejected down.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/imagepreview.asp?cat_id=021&type_id=001

What I'm trying to find is a Weaver/Pic base that will will mount to the existing tapped holes allowing him to mount a modern "red dot"...

...and Yes, I'm thinking about this as a Father's Day present for him (the base at least). So SHhhhhhh:chat::nono1:

...hopefully he wont find this therad. :uhh:

I am left handed, and shoot left handed. Even with the AR/M16 platforms I've never been hit in the face with brass. Unless he is really crawling that stock it shouldn't be a problem.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I'm in the minority but don't understand all the 10/22 recommendations, that Browning is a better gun. If I were to start selling off 22 riffles my 10/22 would be the first to go. Trick it out for Dad and you will both be happy. You can get cheap trigger guard or barrel mount lasers, probably not great but should work well enough to see if he really wants/needs one. If you have a drill press just pick up any rail and drill it to match his gun.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok...I've got him talked out of having BOTH the red dot and laser. I think we are just going to try the Weaver 60A mount, and an inexpensive red dot. Who knows though...he may change his mind another 5 times between now and Father's Day!

I also echo the sentiments about not screwing up a classic Belgium Browning...I've talked him out of putting on anything that will clamp around the barrel and leave marks.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He changed his mind again...Just got a call saying he picked up a 10/22T. It's the one with the nice wood stock and the hammer forged 20 inch barrel.

Now He's tasked me with finding the "perfect" scope for it... :grumble:
He want's to shoot "cloverleafs" and "same hole" groups at 50M...I'm gonna go search some old threads and google a little, but I'm also open to suggestions from the 10/22 gurus.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He changed his mind again...Just got a call saying he picked up a 10/22T. It's the one with the nice wood stock and the hammer forged 20 inch barrel.

Now He's tasked me with finding the "perfect" scope for it... :grumble:
He want's to shoot "cloverleafs" and "same hole" groups at 50M...I'm gonna go search some old threads and google a little, but I'm also open to suggestions from the 10/22 gurus.

Nice. I'm sure he'll be happy with it. I am left handed and shoot my 10/22 just fine :)

Btw in response to an earlier post, I don't think a lefty can shoot righty on the account that everyone has a dominant eye. I'm pretty sure it will make your shots off? I am not 100% tho.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good deals can be had on BSA scopes. I have the Sweet 22 but I'm not sure that I could punch single hole patters at 150', ah hell, I'm not sure that I could punch single whole groups at 25'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom