Dadgum Chiggers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll be dipped in BBQ sauce. Kicked my boots off and an all too familiar itch kicked into high gear. Was doing some yard work yesterday and somewhere got into a patch of chiggers. Freakin little spawns of Satan they are 🤬🤬🤬! Little suckers went up my boot and down the inside to get to the top of my ankles and man-o-man they had a feast. Of all the bug bites I think chiggers carry the biggest itch. That’ll teach me to go out without spraying myself down with bug-juice. 🤦🏼‍♂️

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what I do, I always get eaten alive by those little bast**ds. Every time I come in from outside I scrub my legs from top to bottom like the "experts" say you should, I use bug spray, etc... Chiggers don't care what the experts say... My wife can go out and wander around in the tall grass all day and never a bite.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shave half of your body, pour kerosene on the other half, light it on fire and stab em with a magnifying glass and an ice pick when they run to the other side.

Exactly!! Man those things ... Ugh ... 😭😭😭😭😭

I usually just get the Clorox, soak a washcloth, take a shot of bourbon and then start to washing. After that I get the tweezers and a glass of Clorox and start to picking. Drop in glass. Rinse, repeat.

I've been told a million times that the little bastards will turn loose and fall off you when they die but not in my case. Every single chigger that dies on me digs in twice as hard before taking it's last breath. Then I get to deal with an abscess. Or rather abscessES. As in multiple. It's terrible. And a real PITA. There is not enough fire in the planet ... 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's too late to prevent and you're eaten up by them, get an empty spray bottle and pour in a bottle of witch hazel and a 5ml bottle of lavender essential oil. Put the spray bottle in the fridge and spray as needed. It helps the itch tremendously. Works really well too cool sunburns also. Good luck!

Perun

Marksman
Reaction score
In 2000 I came to Oklahoma left behind all I had ever known to pursue a better life. Little did I know that two very sinister things awaited me in this state chiggers and tick bourne illness. Lord the devil is in those bugs I did not know what the **** i had got into ..... I now know why land was so cheap here.

Bartles

Marksman
Reaction score
When I was a kid I always got them on my scrotum (as well as around my ankles and around the waist band of my underwear). Of course, my older cousins advised me to "scratch 'em real good" then rub a rag soaked in turpentine all over the affected areas. Certainly warmed things up!
My Dad would call those crying chiggers. That's one that gets on your penis and bawls

Latest posts

Top Bottom