Dadgum Chiggers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid I always got them on my scrotum (as well as around my ankles and around the waist band of my underwear).
Gosh dang man, your’e either packing a major set of nads or you’ve got the shortest legs known to man if chiggers got you that high up.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We only got chiggers when we went to my grandmothers house and she lived on black land, we lived on very sandy land and only had to deal with ticks, but i always hated chiggers but i could never see them.

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbor Mr Kay.
Wonderful guy told me 30 years ago.
Before you go out.
Wash cloth WET with isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Wipe yourself down (birthday suit) from head to toe. All over everywhere.
I have done this and crawled knee deep through the brush.
No more chiggers. None.
Works for me and my kids
Hope it works for you too.
Days i dont prep or get other bites use benedryl or cortisone cream.
Good luck.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had chiggers when living in Ponca when a kid. They would eat us alive until Uncle would bring his cattle sprayer around with Chlordane and spray the yard. That chemical has been outlawed for many years now, but it certainly got rid of the chiggers.
Fast forward many years, moving across the Arkansas River to Osage County, we have no chiggers, just ticks, but the flocks of wild turkey coming through the yard vacuum them up so we only get a few bites in the spring and none during the summer and fall.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cure for the chiggers once bitten was to scratch them until they were opened up, then apply about a dime sized patch of clear nail polish on the wound. It stings just a bit until the alcohol dries but it suffocates them little SOBS and your body absorbs THEM!!

At Fort Riley a few of us bought flea collars for dogs and wore them around our ankles just above the boots. Not one tick or flea after 27 days in the bush. I did have a hankerin to pee on trees and tires though.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At Fort Riley a few of us bought flea collars for dogs and wore them around our ankles just above the boots. Not one tick or flea after 27 days in the bush. I did have a hankerin to pee on trees and tires though.
Been doing this since flea collars come on the market but don't wear em against your skin..........don't ask me how l know this🤪

My only problem with using em was the urge to chase down tanks and whiz on the tracks......

Latest posts

Top Bottom