Dan Boren introduces microstamping bill to US House, sorry if repost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the legislation is GOOD, in that it will PROVE, once and for all, that this crap doesn't work and is therefore useless and should be put on the scrapheap of bad ideas.

Microstamping=Bad. Legislation that funds study that proves microstamping is bad, to give us good ammo/arguments against bills that mandate microstamping in the future=Good.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this the NRA's position or the NSSF?...

I do take issue with having to expend taxpayer dollars to shut down these attacks on gun owners. If CA wants to institute a microstamping law, I say just shut down gun sales to CA idiots, to include their LE agencies. Let them build their own if they're so damned smart about how they should be built! :(

I think him being a Board Member and introducing legislation to conduct a study where the conclusion does not matter using millions in taxpayer dollars solidifies the NRA's position that tax dollars (or the lack thereof) should be spent on frivolous ventures such as this.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think him being a Board Member and introducing legislation to conduct a study where the conclusion does not matter using millions in taxpayer dollars solidifies the NRA's position that tax dollars (or the lack thereof) should be spent on frivolous ventures such as this.

I somewhat agree with you on this. Him being a board member that could have some influence inside the NRA, he could have pushed for the NRA to do a presentation and/or video. The NRA could and would do a far more thorough job of showing the fallacy of microstamping and it would have cost nothing in comparison to the taxpayer money spent. It could have been a valuable recruiting tool too. But it just goes to show that nothing is a waste if taxpayer money funds it. I'm sick and tired of this mindset in D.C.!

I also agree with Glocktogo. Screw Kaliforneeyuh! :finger:

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so, swap the firing pin? do some careful sanding around the tip? maybe a little sandblasting? just manufacture one yourself? seems like there is an awful lot of ways to get around this law without too much effort. And for it to be a felony, they would have to prove that you removed the microstamping intentionally right? what if it just, say, wore off after repeated firings and thorough cleanings?

Latest posts

Top Bottom